Turkey season?

M
Mike12
Mike123 said:
Best way to hunt turkeys is go find a place where they always are on private property, and usually that property will border timber property.. Go do some scouting on where they travel. Then opening morning just try to call them off the private land onto public and put the hurtin' on one. That's what I do every year. Those toms aren't that stupid... the hens and jakes, yea, pretty dumb. It's pretty funny when someone denies you access to go hunt their property, so you then just go sit on their property line and call their prescious turkey's off thier land and decapitate one of them. hahaha

hahaha that sounds like a good idea i have more scouting to do so hopefully i can find a spot like that.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
I was driving down the road one time and just went ballistic cause I thought I had found an ultra-rare albino jake. Shot video and everything then I was informed it most likely was of the ultra non-rare domesticated strain. Doh.

Check it out!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewX6Gef3NSg

Last edited:
M
Mike12
Dam good video where did you see those at albino or not if it has a beard i am shooting it.lol

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
haha How you like my call? Before I got the camera out I actually got one to kinda charge my truck then I went a little horse heh... I saw these on this side of the mountain from Alsea. They were in that little tree farm just before you head up the mountains through the curves to the peak. But you didn't hear it from me. There was an albino, a tan and a couple silvers. Check Gellatly Canyon that's probably where they came down.

Last edited:
S
skunk
This is my first yr . hunting turkeys. I need a hunting partner, so anyone interested pm me and we can set something up. If they are in the Dallas area thats cool, but I was also thinking white river wildlife area, or Elkton area.

M
Mike123
GraphiteZen said:
haha How you like my call? Before I got the camera out I actually got one to kinda charge my truck then I went a little horse heh... I saw these on this side of the mountain from Alsea. They were in that little tree farm just before you head up the mountains through the curves to the peak. But you didn't hear it from me. There was an albino, a tan and a couple silvers. Check Gellatly Canyon that's probably where they came down.

Weird!! I wonder if that's from breeding with domestic turkeys? Since domestics are white. I've seen turkeys on the top of Mary's Peak pass before in the highway! Crazy birds anyways.. haha

F
fishnquest
Speaking of turkeys: