How's the fishing

C
Charlie_merrifi
How is the fishing up there right now. Anyone heard?

F
fishnquest
Cute thread to nowhere. I looking forward to going on Tuesday for a couple days, I'll let you know. Oh, now I see green peter lake.

C
Charlie_merrifi
Yeah sorry green Peter

T
TTFishon
I went to Sunnyside Park today. Fished for trout in the ponds for a while without a bite. Then I tied a jig on to see if I could coax a bass in the lake with no luck. Tried a spinner bait for a while which was a no go. There was a fair amount of people there and I didn't see anyone with fish. Of course this post represents about a quarter of a percent of Green Peter so it's not much help.:lol:

R
Ray
I am going there in the morning to give it a shot. I fished Foster today and it seemed slow. Only put 3 small pellet heads in the boat in 3 hours. Anybody know where the best launch is there in peter right now?

F
fishordie
GP boat launch

GP boat launch

Im pretty sure thistle creek is the only one open, i dont think whitcomb creek is yet. You can put put in at the dam but its a just a homemade boat ramp thats pretty rough.

T
the_intimidator03
thistle creek......... line snapping fish is all i remember from there last year :p

C
capblack
thistle creek is open, and i went by whitcomb and the yellow gate was open, but i didn't drive in. the water is full and gp is as beautiful as ever. as far as kokanee, its pretty slow. you shouldnt have any trouble limiting on stocker bows though. we fished sunday from 6:30 am until about 5 pm and we got 4 nice kokes in the boat, and lost about the same amount. we also got 1 rainbow. The kokes are running 12 - 14 inches. we ran downriggers, lead line, banana weights, and flatlined. we tried corn, worms and eggs, and even did a little jigging. nothing seemed to work better than anything else, the bite is really slow. the fish were sitting at 53 to 55 ft, and the water is about 50-55 degrees on the surface. If you dont have downriggers nows the time to hit the lake before they go deep after the water warms up. try around the island, up the santiam arm a little way, not to far from the bank, and down the east bank towards the dam. good luck, Brian

C
capblack
i dont think theyve stocked the sunnyside ponds yet this year, but they will in the next couple weeks befor memorial day.
TTFishon said:
I went to Sunnyside Park today. Fished for trout in the ponds for a while without a bite. Then I tied a jig on to see if I could coax a bass in the lake with no luck. Tried a spinner bait for a while which was a no go. There was a fair amount of people there and I didn't see anyone with fish. Of course this post represents about a quarter of a percent of Green Peter so it's not much help.:lol:

T
TTFishon
capblack said:
i dont think theyve stocked the sunnyside ponds yet this year, but they will in the next couple weeks befor memorial day.

That's good to know, thanks. We usually go there maybe once or twice a year. It's one of those places I can fish while my wife can walk the dog.