Bond Butte Pond north of Eugene

T
the_intimidator03
I have been wondering if anyone has hit bond butte pond yet this year. where the water temp should be and mainly how the catfishin has been? I am wanting to catch some wiskerkitties

Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
T
TTFishon
I was wondering the same thing. I was thinking about hitting it after work one of these days.

F
Finneus Polebender
TTFishon said:
I was wondering the same thing. I was thinking about hitting it after work one of these days.

We need some cut bait and yeah some big catfish

T
TTFishon
I wouldn't even mind catching a couple of one pounders.

T
the_intimidator03
TT. I may go one of these afternoons maybe we can arrange something. i figure on getting some night crawlers. or maybe some dough bait in liver flavor.

T
TTFishon
How about this Thursday. I should be there by 6:00 pm.

T
the_intimidator03
that should be doable I know i have an appt thusday around 2 i think. and i shouldnt have any work that day. As soon as i find out for sure ill give you a holler.

T
Thuggin4Life
Gud luck. I hear of big channels out there but all we ever get are the muds.

B
Bass Ackwards
the_intimidator03 said:
I have been wondering if anyone has hit bond butte pond yet this year. where the water temp should be and mainly how the catfishin has been? I am wanting to catch some wiskerkitties

Thanks in advance
I went there about 2 weeks ago caught about 30 bluegill.

T
Thuggin4Life
Any size to them? been wanting to either fillet, bread, and fry some or fill a smoker up but can't ever seem to find a spot where they is an abunance of bluegill. all the spots in town i use to hit as a kid are fishless.

T
TTFishon
the_intimidator03 said:
that should be doable I know i have an appt thusday around 2 i think. and i shouldnt have any work that day. As soon as i find out for sure ill give you a holler.

Sounds good. I'll bring some shrimp too.

T
the_intimidator03
i got about a dozen and a half night crawlers. ill see if i can get some of the dough bait as well. Thuggin what size blue gill you looking for?

B
Bass Ackwards
Thuggin4Life said:
Any size to them? been wanting to either fillet, bread, and fry some or fill a smoker up but can't ever seem to find a spot where they is an abunance of bluegill. all the spots in town i use to hit as a kid are fishless.

Caught 5 that were pretty nice and there are a ton of em over there. I was just using a fly and clear bobber.

H
Hawk
The warm water fish should be spawning soon. Please release the females so they can multiply, fer future young'uns enjoyment.

I know of lakes & ponds that had large bass, catfish, crappie, bluegill. They aren't large anymore.

T
the_intimidator03
i find the bluegill in bond butte are stunted due to quanity over quality. that may have to do with possible lack of larger bass to eat them. as far as catfish ill let ya know if i can tag into one LOL