39.2 lb steelhead on the wilson

B
boberdown
apaently this buitiful 39.2 lb steehead was found on the wilson river dead on the bank! i was told this pic was on ifish and had to go look at it... i was stunned when i saw this...:shock: how would you like to hook onto a hog like this...

Last edited by a moderator:
B
bigsteel
what a nice fish,,ashame it didn't survive,,,any reason why it was dead?

A
Anyfishisfine
That thing could make a guy thing twice about getting into the water, LOL. OMG it's big.

A
Anyfishisfine
bigsteel said:
what a nice fish,,ashame it didn't survive,,,any reason why it was dead?

Bad release perhaps?

O
OneMore
Atlantic salmon, not 40 pounds, and no where near wilson. Sweet pic though. Search the web theres more of the same fish.

troutdude
troutdude
boberdown said:
apaently this buitiful 39.2 lb steehead was found on the wilson river dead on the bank! i was told this pic was on ifish and had to go look at it... i was stunned when i saw this...:shock: how would you like to hook onto a hog like this...

It's a shame that no one took this fish in, for official recording. If it really did weigh that much, it would've broken a 40-year old state record by over 4 pounds!

Oregon Fishing Records

Y
youngbuck307
but it wasn't from oregon really and not a steelhead at all. look at the link MGDGUY put up

troutdude
troutdude
Yeah, I noticed that just after I posted the state record info. Thanks.

M
metalfisher76
:lol: glad to see it didn`t take as long over here to figure it out! I mean steel:rolleyes:head

B
boberdown
ive seen 30 and up to 40 lb steehead on the scohomish river and they dont look like this one so your probly right but it doesint seem to look like an atlantic salmon either???

Last edited:
M
Mike123
HAHA I honestly don't think you'd land a steelhead that big on steelhead gear. 40lbs is huge for a chinook... That's really big for an atlantic though!!

N
n8r1
I just looked at your link and noticed that the Chinook record has stood for 100 years. An 83 pounder landed on the Umpqua by Ernie St. Clair. That's a pretty cool legacy that Mr. St Clair has left, a record that has really stood the test of time. No other Oregon fish record goes back further than 1966.

troutdude
troutdude
Wow, not that is some kind of record!

The last time I checked (a few years ago now), the world record for a 'nook caught with a rod was 97 lbs. And, the world record caught in a net was 120lbs. As I recall those were both caught off the coast of Alaska.

Can we maybe drop some kind of scent into Oregon rivers, to get those kind of monsters coaxed into our refrigerators?:lol::lol::lol:

F
Fishtopher
Fishtopher said:
Haha, just one of those email pictures everyone in the world recieves eventually. I got a few of these pics layin around. I'll post 'em on this thread. They are perfect for it.
East of the mountain somewhere this snake was swimmin along the boat, tried to get a few times and each time was put farther away with an oar. At long last the persistant snake found its way onto the end of the line....
tn.jpg

At which point the snake became dinner....
tn1.jpg

This "world record Rainbow Trout" was caught outta North Fork Resevior...
trt1.jpg
I dont have the e-mail that went with it, but the story was a kick!:lol:

And some Elk roaming a State Park....Dont have the e-mail that compliments the photo anymore either...
whtelk.jpg

Last edited:
R
radiation
Those elk have good camouflage... If it was snowing. Either that our they are really scared.