Sunday 01-31-2010 on the Wilson

I
Ideceivefish
halibuthitman said:
A steelhead caught with a guide... your first especially, is as good of trophy as any.... so I hope your not implying thse fish are less, after all, I believe it was an Alaskan guide who tought you how to bank your first steelhead:think:

Funny how people take things wrong. I did the :think: because I was "thinking" about doing a guide sometime on the Wilson. Looks fun to be on a boat for a change. :)

Oh, and just an FYI, I have been Steelhead fishing for over 30 years. Far from my first one, but it was my first in Oregon. :)

H
halibuthitman
Ideceivefish said:
Funny how people take things wrong. I did the :think: because I was "thinking" about doing a guide sometime on the Wilson. Looks fun to be on a boat for a change. :)

Oh, and just an FYI, I have been Steelhead fishing for over 30 years. Far from my first one, but it was my first in Oregon. :)

cool, you gotta admit you left it wide open for interpatation. Going with a guide is a blast, and can take dozen of trips worth of lookin for good spots off a river, everyone should do a guided trip, you can learn so much and its fun to see what you may have been overlooking:D Im gonna float the clack with a guide in a couple weeks.... can't wait:dance:

I
Ideceivefish
yeah I did. I was seriously thinking about clicking that link but had to keep myself from doing it yet. :)

Any big names to stick with here in Oregon?

O
OnTheFly
Anyone heard from osmosis lately? I know he's been hitt'in the books hard but his goal should be a reality soon I would think. Talk about going fishing with an outstanding guide..whoe:shock:

N
ninja2010
OnTheFly said:
Anyone heard from osmosis lately?

he's online right now...

O
osmosis
nope not me ;)

Nice fish! The Wilson can be a very fun river, thats for sure.

C
Cohosanders
:yay:

Oh and the dancing banana might not be appropriate for this post but it was so friggin cute I couldn't help it![/QUOTE]

Bring on the Banannas!!!!! Took one to the Wilson w/me yesterday and landed two natives!!!! The Bananna tasted so good on the way home. It made me a bananna believer.....No superstitious fruit is going to scare my chrome away!!!!!

B
BobbiDollPDX
Ideceivefish said:
yeah I did. I was seriously thinking about clicking that link but had to keep myself from doing it yet. :)

Any big names to stick with here in Oregon?

My guide is local and I recommend him highly. The first time I went out with him, we got skunked but I was still impressed. I put a lot of stock into the overall experience, not just how many fish make it into the boat.

This last trip was my second with him and it was fan-freaking-tastic. I am going out with him one more time this month and then I plan on trying my luck solo next month.

G
Green_Tackle
Nice fish, thanks for sharing the pics and welcome to the forum.

G
GDBrown
Lee has my vote of confidence!

Lee has my vote of confidence!

BobbiDollPDX said:
My guide is local and I recommend him highly. The first time I went out with him, we got skunked but I was still impressed. I put a lot of stock into the overall experience, not just how many fish make it into the boat.

Welcome to OFF, Bobbi!

I have been out with Lee 3 or 4 times and have always enjoyed the trip. A few years ago he took my son and I down the Kilches and we came home with 3 - 30# Chinook and a fresh winter steelhead the day before thanksgiving.:shock: It was the best money I have ever spent on fishing. I seriously though of selling all my gear and my boat and just booking trips with him! I think I would be money ahead for the number of fish I have caught since then. You are right that putting fish in the boat is not everything, Lee has the best demeanor of anyone I've fished with bar none.

Great looking fish and again Welcome to the best fishing hole on the web.

If you have an empty seat the day you go out with him again then PM me, I'll be glad to pay up and go with you.

GD

B
BobbiDollPDX
GDBrown said:
Welcome to OFF, Bobbi!

I have been out with Lee 3 or 4 times and have always enjoyed the trip. A few years ago he took my son and I down the Kilches and we came home with 3 - 30# Chinook and a fresh winter steelhead the day before thanksgiving.:shock: It was the best money I have ever spent on fishing. I seriously though of selling all my gear and my boat and just booking trips with him! I think I would be money ahead for the number of fish I have caught since then. You are right that putting fish in the boat is not everything, Lee has the best demeanor of anyone I've fished with bar none.

Great looking fish and again Welcome to the best fishing hole on the web.

If you have an empty seat the day you go out with him again then PM me, I'll be glad to pay up and go with you.

GD

It's nice to meet another of Lee's fans.

I appreciate the offer to join me on my next trip but both seats are already booked.

I'll keep you in mind for next time though :)

O
OnTheDrop
BobbiDollPDX said:
It's nice to meet another of Lee's fans.

I appreciate the offer to join me on my next trip but both seats are already booked.

I'll keep you in mind for next time though :)

MAke that another! I've went with lee a few times in the past! My uncle and him are friends and he knows how to fish!

Wilsonriverfisher
Wilsonriverfisher
nice fish and nice pictures:clap:

Mike