Lady Luck willing, this Saturday!

J
JSpencer
Ok so, lady luck willing im going to hit up the wilson this saturday. By lady luck willing i mean, if the truck im in the process of buying is sale ready by mid week. If it is, im all about hitting the Wilson Saturday, if not, well i'll just have to wait until next thursday or friday.

Assuming my current luck holds, any good steelhead holes i should look for? Havent been out there in a few months now, so that means the river's going to have changed some. I got myself some waders finally so ive opened myself up a few more holes as well.

Anybody in the beaverton area that wants to go is welcome as well, the truck is an extended cab dodge ram 4x4, so i have room to take some people with. Assuming lady luck cooperates that is :)

C
Cohosanders
JSpencer said:
Ok so, lady luck willing im going to hit up the wilson this saturday. By lady luck willing i mean, if the truck im in the process of buying is sale ready by mid week. If it is, im all about hitting the Wilson Saturday, if not, well i'll just have to wait until next thursday or friday.

Assuming my current luck holds, any good steelhead holes i should look for? Havent been out there in a few months now, so that means the river's going to have changed some. I got myself some waders finally so ive opened myself up a few more holes as well.

Anybody in the beaverton area that wants to go is welcome as well, the truck is an extended cab dodge ram 4x4, so i have room to take some people with. Assuming lady luck cooperates that is :)

try beaverfan!!! He knows the Wilson and always wants to go fishing. I am going back to the Wilson on the 13th....I think so maybe then :think:Good Luck w/the truck and the chrome:)

T
Thuggin4Life
Good luck take the beaver as a guide. beavers are at home on the water.

B
bigsteel
take beaverfan

O
OnTheDrop
beaverfan is always looking for a ride that way, Its his lucky day:cool:

J
JSpencer
Well, i went to get my truck today, did a triple check on everything and the headlights werent working this time around (they did the last time though). The truck is officially mine, however the dealership is fixing the headlights, so maybe another day or so.

B
beaverfan
Let me double check with my girl but most likely I'll be free to go if your still planning on going out.

B
beaverfan
Anyone else fishing the Wilson this Saturday? We'll be out there Saturday rippin' lips! (fingers crossed)

J
JSpencer
Going to go get my truck in a few minutes. I have my fingers crossed nothing else goes wrong. haha

Yeah provided all goes well me and Beaverfan will be out there. Ive got a new rod/reel and new waders that need breaking in.

Edit: Lady luck is not with me today. Got my truck, drove it home, then took it to get the oil changed. Looks like i blew a seal on the way home so now i have to take it to a mechanic.

Last edited:
B
beaverfan
Well it look's like lady luck failed. JSpencer had to cancel due to mechanical problems with his new truck, but I'll be out there tomorrow with Troutmasta so if your out there come find me I'll be in a Land Rover I guess.

J
JSpencer
You all have no idea how bummed i am about that too. Im a country guy at heart, grew up in a super small community and living in Beaverton or any other city makes me claustrophobic. I needs the great outdoors to keep me sane...well, more sane than normal. Plus...i have that new gear that needs to be broken in.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::(:(:(:(:(

B
beaverfan
We'll hit it soon bro!

J
JSpencer
Yeah i want to get as much fishing in as i can. If all goes according to plan, me and my family will be moving out of Oregon next spring. I really want to try to catch more steelhead and i definitely want to catch at least one salmon before i go.

J
JSpencer
Got a call from the dealership and my truck is ready. Now i just have to wait for my buddy to get his lunch break so i can go pick it up. They fixed the big stuff, and have a list of little stuff (that costs a lot) for me.

J
JSpencer
Ok so a little update on my truck.

Rear Main Seal: replaced
Inline fuses that were missing (missing and not blown? wtf?) replaced.

Work left that i'll do on my own one piece at a time: Valve Cover Gaskets, Steering Box, Power Steering Pump. Just need to replace seals and gaskets (though i'll probably just outright replace the Box and Pump). Fuel Level Sending Unit needs to be replaced, that's my next project, gotta know how much gas i have, i'll probably replace the pressure hose from my cruise servo at the same time since it's just a quick fix.

Other than that, got a nice truck that runs well.