Anybody drift the Mo ?

N
nimzrock
I am excited to try out my new steelhead spin set up this weekend. But in the mean time I am curious if anyone has drifted the lower molalla. Im thinking of a run on my toon in the near future, say from the Ivy bridge to the mouth.
Thanx for your help & Tight lines - Nimz :cool:

A
adambomb
I fished above Goods Bridge (aka Ivy bridge, hwy 170 bridge), two weekends ago. There is a nice hole about a mile above the bridge where the river makes a sharp turn. Just downstream from there is a old refrigerator in the middle of the river, watch out for that. Just upstream from the sharp bend is a large piece of deep slack/back water. Can you carry your toon fairly easily? There is access on both sides of the bridge if that's where you want to put in, but both are a short walk. I don't fish downstream from the bridge so I can't help you there. If I had a toon, I would drift from Freyer Park down to Wagon wheel. But thats just me;)

O
osmosis
wagon wheel down is a nice drift too.
saw 4 or 5 drift boat trailers there the other day though.

N
nimzrock
Thanks Adam for the heads up on the appliance hole. I like the sound of the areas above goods , and I think some exercise is in order for saturday ,try out the new waders and boots. Before the river drops too much this spring I will also do a day run from wagon wheel to knights. Do you know anyone with a toon that you could borrow ?
Thanx again - Nimz :cool:

N
nimzrock
Osmosis, Do you recall how long of a run it is ? I have cabin fever bad , so the thought of any fishing is dancing in my head like a kid in a toy store !
Nimz

O
osmosis
I pulled off on the bank a ton and tossed spinners at all the slots and pockets that looked good and did a lot of backtrolling with plugs so I stretched it out for a good long day of fishin.
Most of the time I would launch at wagon wheel park and take out at the OFC property off of macksburg.

G
GreenDrifter
Be careful at the railroad bridge it sends someone swiming every year.

A
adambomb
The 2010 edition is here!!

The 2010 edition is here!!

Cabin fever got the best of me today so I went down to the river to get a line wet. Mother nature has blessed us with a new river!! All of the major log jams from 09' have been broken up and spread around. There are a few new trees down as well. About 1/4 mile below the railroad bridge there was a large log jam right in the elbow of a 90 degree bend. Now its a more gradual bend and the jam is broken up. Drifters beware!!!

M
Markcanby
Hey Nimz I float from WW to Goods a lot later in the spring for bass. At current level I would not recommend it. There is some rough water in there along with some crazy snags like the RR Crossing. I would let the water drop at least 2 maybe 3' before I would make a first trip on it. As for time a strait float will take about 4hr.