Easy drifts on the Clack

R
rock834212
Being relativily new to the Clack, are there any easy drifts?
What can you tell me about the drift from Carver to Riverside Park?
Is it difficult?

O
osmosis
the drift from carver to riverside park is the easiest of the floats on that river. unless you do a lot of backtrolling or anchoring and bobber fishing it can be a very short float though.

in my opinion the only scary spot on the whole river is the minefield, and it's not that bad once you know the right line. the corner directly above carver can get dangerous if you get sucked up by the wall, and the corner leading into highrocks right below the bridge can be dangerous too for the same reason.
Just read the water and pick a smart line and none of those spots will be a problem.

E
eggs
How is barton to carver?

O
osmosis
It's easy as long as you pay attention and take an inside line when coming around the corner above carver.

E
eggs
Thats what I figured, I have floated it many times on a raft in the summer, but didn't know what it was like other times.

R
rock834212
osmosis said:
the drift from carver to riverside park is the easiest of the floats on that river. unless you do a lot of backtrolling or anchoring and bobber fishing it can be a very short float though.

in my opinion the only scary spot on the whole river is the minefield, and it's not that bad once you know the right line. the corner directly above carver can get dangerous if you get sucked up by the wall, and the corner leading into highrocks right below the bridge can be dangerous too for the same reason.
Just read the water and pick a smart line and none of those spots will be a problem.

Where is the minefield?
The corner leading into highrocks, is that the one right adjacent to Clackamas River Drive where the river makes a right turn going down river?

O
osmosis
the minefield is right below the upper mciver boat ramp.
the corner above carver I'm talking about is the first corner upstream of the boat ramp. If you're drifting down with the current it would be a hard left turn in the river.

E
eggs
Yea.. that rock wall makes a wicked eddie even in the low water of summer... I would take the left side of the drift going down river to stay as far away from the wall as possible..