ss hybrid uv micro jig question

brandon4455
brandon4455
hey everyone, i recently got a package in the mail with some steelhead tackle from a fellow OFFer and i have 5 hybrid uv jigs. apart from using them for steelhead i was wondering..do these things work for trout? i have 2 black ones and they look buggy to me. and i wanted to try them next season on my favorite trout stream after i get good use out of them on my first winter steel season (btw ill be making a report after a few trips of how they work for me they are awesome looking little jigs). thanks for any replies,

brandon

Last edited:
troutdude
troutdude
Personally, I would NOT shy away from experimenting w/ them. In fact, they may be pretty darn productive on those creek cutts, that you enjoy tangling with.

T
TTFishon
Hell yeah and not the band. lol

S
steelheadstalker31
I have caught hundreds of trout on the black uv hybrid.

S
steelhead_stalkers
Just yesterday a cuttroat came on a black hybrid as well as a nice big coho! :D Wooly Buggers are great all around flies for all conditions and they work equally as well tied onto a jig hook! In about three weeks take that black jig over to the Alsea and you have a good shot at a steelhead. ;) Good luck.

B
bigsteel
brandon4455 said:
hey everyone, i recently got a package in the mail with some steelhead tackle from a fellow OFFer and i have 5 hybrid uv jigs. apart from using them for steelhead i was wondering..do these things work for trout? i have 2 black ones and they look buggy to me. and i wanted to try them next season on my favorite trout stream after i get good use out of them on my first winter steel season (btw ill be making a report after a few trips of how they work for me they are awesome looking little jigs). thanks for any replies,

brandon

i have caught plenty of trout with them on the crooked,,,same action as a wooly bugger.

brandon4455
brandon4455
awesome!! thanks guys! ill definitely order some more once i run out. ill have to do some color experimenting upcoming spring. and maybe il be able to talk someone into giving me a ride to the alsea.. up by the hacthery...or north fork or somthin..never been there though, all the best,

brandon

Last edited: