Need help finding product - fishing rod

S
Swamp Puppy
I am looking for a certain brand of rod. I picked up a couple of these at the Hillsboro Joes during the closeout sale and have fallen in love with them during the spring/fall salmon season.

I don't have the rod on me at the moment to check the exact brand name, but it was something like Xtreme Northwest or Northwest Xtreme. something along those lines.

The rods were all a flat black color and came in a variety of lengths/sizes/actions. They also went as far as to label them as to what sort of fishing they were designed for. ie: salmon backbouncing etc.

like i said, i bought 2 and would like to get a few more. I haven't been able to find them anywhere so far. I have checked out Bob's in longview (where i think i have seen them before) and also the new Dicks in hillsboro.

the only place i have found online was the Xtreme Northwest Bait company. are they affiliated?

anyone have any ideas or know who to contact? I busted my lami (my fault..i broke it while moving..completely NOT the fault of the company. i really liked that rod and only fished 1 season with it and never got the skunk off it....it died a virgin. sad. :( ) that i use for spingers and i would like to replace it with another one of these.

M
metalmania
I belive they were called north x northwest, and i think they were made specifically for gi Joes. I'm not sure on any of this is right though;).

S
Swamp Puppy
yep..that's the one i was talking about. that would be too bad if they were made just for Joes.

M
Markcanby
Yes those were a Joe's only rod! But I know a guy that knows a guy. Those are actually GW Grigg rods you can still buy them here in Canby. Just look up Grigg rods an you will get to his website. He has his little shop open all week but he is in an out as it is just a distribution center. So make sure you call before you head over there. Last time I was there he was selling warrenty rods 3 for 99$

A
adambomb
He has also been advertising a "year end blow out" on craigs list. He posts the ad on thursday and the sale is friday from 10am-530pm. He has done this for at least 3 weeks in a row now. I have been meaning to get a new bobber rod for weeks now, but I figured I'd better wait and see what santa brings me.

H
halibuthitman
was your lami beyond repair?:(

S
Swamp Puppy
halibuthitman said:
was your lami beyond repair?:(

yeah, i snapped it in half right in the middle. :(:doh::redface: really bummed me out too. i had it leaning up against a retaining wall and i jumped down, lost my balance, put my hand out to steady myself and just happened to catch the rod in an unsupported spot. it took all my weight and snapped like a twig. ugh..i was sick when i heard the sound. just one of those bonehead sort of moments in time when you wish you could have those 10 seconds back. i had bought it last year just at the start of the springer season and only got out with it 4 or 5 times. i am probably just going to run out to Bob's and replace it as the cost of gas for me to drive out to Canby is dang near the cost of a new fishing pole. :lol:

thanks for the info guys! if i am ever out that way i'll swing through and see what's up.

B
beaverfan
So are the north x northwest rods Griggs made for Joe's the same rod as the North River rods?

I recently picked up 4 rods for 90 or 100 bucks from Griggs. Two salmon/steelhead rods and two really nice trout rods. I love these rods. Especially the 9 ft 6-10lb rod I picked up for Steelhead. Very sensitive rod with a good amount of backbone.

Last edited: