Fishless Eagle 1/18

R
Riverfreak
Fished Eagle Creek hard on Monday around Fern Eagle Park. Nice color, good flows. No fish for me and I am not aware of any fish taken on that stretch of the river. Anybody hear different?

B
beaverfan
Yup check out the Eagle Creek section in the Willamette Valley section. Lots of recent reports.

J
JeeperGal
Riverfreak said:
Fished Eagle Creek hard on Monday around Fern Eagle Park. Nice color, good flows. No fish for me and I am not aware of any fish taken on that stretch of the river. Anybody hear different?

I fished that day, too, but also had no luck. It was a nice day anyway :)

I hear lots of good fishing reports out of there today, though.

O
OnTheDrop
Riverfreak said:

Bummer man.. What were you using? Lots of fish in there;) Everyone thinks its easy to get them in the creek cause its a small creek! I almost think its easier to get them in a bigger river where they arent as spookish!

R
Riverfreak
Jigging it. I agree. I feel more confident on big water with a big jig or worm than I do on small water. The wild run should pick up as the season progresses. I'm hoping they don't blow through the system like the hatchery fish. Give us a chance to find 'em lower in the river.

O
OnTheDrop
Riverfreak said:
Jigging it. I agree. I feel more confident on big water with a big jig or worm than I do on small water. The wild run should pick up as the season progresses. I'm hoping they don't blow through the system like the hatchery fish. Give us a chance to find 'em lower in the river.

I just recently started fishing the bobJig. I love it. But yeah there should be fish throughout the system for qutite a long while.. I mean its only january!

D
Dwavid
Fishless for me as well

Fishless for me as well

Hey, this is my first post, so I'm sorry if I do this wrong :lol:

I went to Eagle Creek today, both below the Dowty bridge and below & at Eagle Fern Park. I really enjoyed Eagle Fern Park. It's a beautiful stretch of the creek. However, I didn't only go to the creek for the scenery... I want to catch my first steelhead!!! I have tried Eagle Creek a few times and I haven't seen anyone pull any fish out, but I know that it's a productive fishery. Is there something that I should be using specifically?

I had a bobber (Steelhead Stalker w/ the wire) and a pink jig. I had it set so it was just about 10-16 inches or so off the bottom throughout most casts. Is this a productive method for Eagle Creek?

Any input would be great.
Thanks

-David