Siltcoos and Tahkenitch

D
diggindan
NC Lures

NC Lures

My fav is a pink super hoochie. I also had a super takedown on a gold/brass super hoochie. Bent the rod to the water and snapped a 15lb. leader. Had the drag a bit tight.:( Great spinners and prices and fishing tips.
Welcome to the forum.:clap:
Cheers, Dan

F
fishhunter
diggindan said:
My fav is a pink super hoochie. I also had a super takedown on a gold/brass super hoochie. Bent the rod to the water and snapped a 15lb. leader. Had the drag a bit tight.:( Great spinners and prices and fishing tips.
Welcome to the forum.:clap:
Cheers, Dan

Is that what you were using Dan when we went?:think:

S
Salmon Whammy
HI! The picture I have to scan then figure out how to upload to the forum. If you e-mail me at snowshoe@oregonfast.net or northcountryluresandflies@yahoo.com I can e-mail you a picture after I put in my computer. The Sportsman in Florence,Oregon has a picture of the fish and the lure Tony used. A 3 1/2" Super Hoochie in Green/Chart.
Check out our website at Welcome to North Country Lures & Flies I have a lot of new lines to put on the Website yet. We are making a lot of Steelhead lures and getting ready for the sport shows.
Salmon Whammy ( Dean Hendricks)
541-997-7080

D
diggindan
fishhunter said:
Is that what you were using Dan when we went?:think:

Yes it was. Hope I'm not embellishing too much since you're my witness.
I guess I could blame it all on you since I was driving the boat?:lol:

B
brysageek
Went Fishing on ole' Tahky yesterday and the day before.... nothing it's over this year, even tried to get a cutthroat but was unable to get one bite!!!

Heard that some late action had happened for salmon on wed the 16th in the Mallard arm, but aside from that nothing, the Bass are Lockjawed, no catfish, no salmon, no cuthroat. The water temp was 54 on the 19th and as of yesterday its was 46. I think that I will wait awhile till early spring.... I will miss that lake! :( I think its time to work the Coquille, Elk and Rogue, hmmm maybe even head down to ye' ole' Pistol

N
nowimdone
coos in Jan

coos in Jan

Never fished the Siltcoos before but I'll be in Florence this weekend so I'm thinking about working some water on Saturday. How's the run doing any irregular regs I should take note of? I'm bringing some eggs I cured some stee-lees and i have random vibrax spinners. Anything special I should be throwing?

N
nowimdone
coos in Jan

coos in Jan

Never fished the Siltcoos before but I'll be in Florence this weekend so I'm thinking about working some water on Saturday. How's the run doing any irregular regs I should take note of? I'm bringing some eggs I cured some stee-lees and i have random vibrax spinners. Anything special I should be throwing?

B
billfish
nowimdone said:

fishing for salmon is closed both silt and tac cuts still good

N
nowimdone
Thanks Bullfish, how about winter steelhead coming though?

S
Salmon Whammy
HI ! Thank you for the e-mail about Siltcoos and Takh. The season is closed for coho on the lakes and rivers. If you want to fish for cutthrout trout you can on any of the lakes in the Florence area. Steelhead on the Siluslaw is picking up. Our STEP group is responsible for the Steelhead on the river. We have a trap on Whittker Creek and fisherman fish on the river just below it. Also Lake Creek at Green Creek we have a trap for Steelhead. I you are fishing from shore use our Sonic Bell,Steelie Soft Bites, Steelie Puffs, Steelie Egg Rigs. If you have a drift boat use our Dancin Diver Plug. You can get
our lures at Randy's Riverview Market in Mapletown or the Sportsman in Florence. Also our Dean's Special,Bobcat, YumYum Egg Cluster, Torpedo Express are some great spinners for Steelhead and Trout.
Give me a call at 541-997-7080 and I can give you more places to fish and what to use and more about current conditions.
Salmon Whammy (Dean Hendricks)
Welcome to North Country Lures & Flies
northcountryluresandflies@yahoo.com