What is your favorite spinner?

S
Silentwarrior79
I know there are a lot of different answers for this. But, out of all the lures that one single person has tried, what seems to work best for you?

F
fishtales
Great idea for a good thread! I have to say the Blue Fox but I cross my fingers saying it because I know some members really don’t like them :(. I'm even a bigger fan of a wedding ring but I could not tell you if that qualifies as a spinner although it has been used very successfully while bank fishing.

S
Silentwarrior79
Thats cool, all opinions welcome, but, whats this wedding ring thing? Is this some kind of OR fishing rig, or some kind of a wedding proposal?? LOL Sorry! I'm lost! :think:

T
Thuggin4Life
I would say northcountry spinners for salmon.

M
Mattdm22
I like roostertails but blue fox makes those so... BLUE FOX!

T
Throbbit _Shane
Panther Martin

J
JeannaJigs
Don't like the weight of blue foxes, and they're pretty much done after no more than one or two fish, but they're relatively cheap and easy to get a hold of, so they get employed often enough. I do like the bullet bodied panther martins a heck of a lot for steelhead, they've got a nice balance and a nice heavy weight to get down quick...although, I wish they'd bump 'em up one size for winter fishing. North country has a nice bell bodied salmon spinner that's got a nice heavy blade, that works real nice, and if they were easier to get a hold of locally, I'd have more of. Solid sharp hooks, and strong wire that can take a lot of hard hits from salmon, and still hold up to catch more fish. I've got a couple in my box that have been in there for 4 years, and have caught quite a few salmon, and they're still in good condition.

L
Left Bank
I like soooo many but my two best are an orange and a light green roostertail.

G
Green_Tackle
When fishing for trout I find they'll hit just about anything. I typically have some Rooster Tails (I love trolling these) and some Panther Martin spinners with me. For salmon/steelhead I really prefer to make my own. Much cheaper, more customized, and you can put on a thick blade for a nice slow blade spin that you can feel in through your whole rod. If I'm not fishing a home made spinner for salmon/steelhead then I'm probably fishing a rvrfshr spinner or a Big Belly spinner from Panther Martin.

My "go to" spinner for this time of year is usually a #3 all brass rvrfshr spinner or equivalent home made spinner. In the winter my "go to" is either a home made #5 all silver plated or a #15 Big Belly spinner in flaming pink.

My main problem with the commercial spinners (rooster tails, mepps, panther martin, blue fox, etc.) is that the usually have blades that are stamped from thinner brass and have the cheaper clevises that bend easily. The blades easily get "stuck" requiring a jolt to get 'em going (if you even notice it's stopped), they don't usually fish very deep, and you often can't feel the blade spin in your rod tip. That being said, they all have caught fish for me.

I haven't fished any of R&B Lures spinners, but I use his components for making spinners all the time. Very nice.

Troutski
Troutski
Home made......priceless!!!!!

Chuck

S
Silentwarrior79
JeannaJigs said:
Don't like the weight of blue foxes, and they're pretty much done after no more than one or two fish, but they're relatively cheap and easy to get a hold of, so they get employed often enough. I do like the bullet bodied panther martins a heck of a lot for steelhead, they've got a nice balance and a nice heavy weight to get down quick...although, I wish they'd bump 'em up one size for winter fishing. North country has a nice bell bodied salmon spinner that's got a nice heavy blade, that works real nice, and if they were easier to get a hold of locally, I'd have more of. Solid sharp hooks, and strong wire that can take a lot of hard hits from salmon, and still hold up to catch more fish. I've got a couple in my box that have been in there for 4 years, and have caught quite a few salmon, and they're still in good condition.
Is 1/2 oz what you are looking for to use during winter season? I tell ya what, I have used many Panthers, Roosters, and the Regular Fox spinners and have had luck with all. I have even used the Roosters until the pain fell off, and still caught fish!

S
Silentwarrior79
I agree Chuck, home made/hand made is the way to go. Especially if they are from Home of the Brave Outdoors ;)

J
JeannaJigs
Silentwarrior79 said:
Is 1/2 oz what you are looking for to use during winter season? I tell ya what, I have used many Panthers, Roosters, and the Regular Fox spinners and have had luck with all. I have even used the Roosters until the pain fell off, and still caught fish!

Oh I don't care if the paint is chipped off and ugly, but the wire gets bent and brittle, and I've had 'em break...Not a very fun experience.

R
rippin fish lips
blue fox and panther martins!!

F
FishFinger
Favorite spinner?

The DAndy Slayer​

DSCN1626.jpg

#4 Rattle bells, coho killerz​

F
fish_4_all
Home made all the way. Pink beads/body, orange blade, orange beads/body, pink blade. Doesn't matter what type of spinner, that combo has caught more salmon for me than any other. For trout, wedding rings for sure tipped with night crawler. For steelhead, clear blue or clear red body/beads and brass blade, again, style doesn't matter. Only difference seems to be size and I do best with the smallest I can cast as far as I need to and get the depth I need.