Coho silver salmon above Willamette Falls

B
bigfootfish
Three coho caught, all non-finclipped

Three coho caught, all non-finclipped

Wow,
Another friend caught three non-finclipped Coho near the mouth of Crabtree Creek, this morning. All chromers! The heat is on!

BFF

R
rainman
Which Crabtree Creek is that ?? There are several of them.

W
wormosa
anybody doing any good out there on the willamette and yamhill river connect? i was there this morning and did not fish, my motor was not pissing water and now that the impeller is fixed, it is time to fish !!....

W
wormosa
pictures i took this morning at rogers landing

pictures i took this morning at rogers landing

these balloons were going up this morning, what a amazing site at 7 30 am..

Last edited by a moderator:
M
masmith
wormosa said:
these balloons were going up this morning, what a amazing site at 7 30 am..

Do you have room for three in your boat? Me and my bro would be down for trolling the Yamhill confluence sometime...

W
wormosa
i don't have room tomorrow bud, i am meeteing 2 friends there tomorrow, if i didn't have plans with them, you guys could definetly go...

M
masmith
wormosa said:
i don't have room tomorrow bud, i am meeteing 2 friends there tomorrow, if i didn't have plans with them, you guys could definetly go...

Sounds good, let's do it sometime.

R
rainman
Anybody know anything about San Salvador county park, on the Willamette near the Yamhill ??
I'm really hoping there's a boat launch there, but not seeing too much on Google Earth.

B
bigfootfish
Crabtree Creek

Crabtree Creek

It near Crabtree, Or. Downstream from the main bridge. Albany areaish.

W
wormosa
rainman said:
Anybody know anything about San Salvador county park, on the Willamette near the Yamhill ??
I'm really hoping there's a boat launch there, but not seeing too much on Google Earth.
i always thought san salvador was out there by st. paul isn't it?

R
rainman
bigfootfish said:
It near Crabtree, Or. Downstream from the main bridge. Albany areaish.

Thanks, man. appreciate the info.

R
rainman
wormosa said:
i always thought san salvador was out there by st. paul isn't it?

Yes, it is. Just a hop, skip and a jump from the confluence of the Yamhill/Willamette Rivers. Much much closer than Rogers Landing.

B
bigfootfish
San Salvadore Island

San Salvadore Island

San Salvadore Island is just upstream from Newberg, I believe. Google it! It's a true island so I would be surprised if there was a park there. And as far as I know, Roger's Landing boat ramp is the nearest one there at Newberg.

BFF

Last edited:
B
bigfootfish
Coho on the Santiam

Coho on the Santiam

Well! I just figured out how to get to the mouths of Crabtree and Thomas Creeks by foot. Both flow into the South Santiam about a halfmile apart. These two creeks are destinations for the Coho, and since both Thomas and Crabtree are low with an inch, perhaps, of water flowin' 'tween the pools, some heavy rains(MAYBE ON THE WAY!) are in order. Meanwhile, the coho will be pooling at those creek's mouths waiting for creek rise!

M
Mike123
bigfootfish said:
Well! I just figured out how to get to the mouths of Crabtree and Thomas Creeks by foot. Both flow into the South Santiam about a halfmile apart. These two creeks are destinations for the Coho, and since both Thomas and Crabtree are low with an inch, perhaps, of water flowin' 'tween the pools, some heavy rains(MAYBE ON THE WAY!) are in order. Meanwhile, the coho will be pooling at those creek's mouths waiting for creek rise!

Have you tried fishing it yet? See anything roll? I'd like to hike down there and take a look. I know Crabtree creek used to get a pretty good run!

W
wormosa
rainman said:
Yes, it is. Just a hop, skip and a jump from the confluence of the Yamhill/Willamette Rivers. Much much closer than Rogers Landing.
it is a distance from rogers landing to get to the yamhill, i was surprised, i fished this morning i saw about 9 coho's ccaught, they were using wiggle warts ( i did not have) lol i was trolling spinners and i caught jack *hit. windy and cold on the river today...

M
masmith
wormosa said:
it is a distance from rogers landing to get to the yamhill, i was surprised, i fished this morning i saw about 9 coho's ccaught, they were using wiggle warts ( i did not have) lol i was trolling spinners and i caught jack *hit. windy and cold on the river today...

Anyone catching anything from the bank, or at the dock on Rogers Landing?

K
Kodiak
IMO you guys should leave them alone and let them spawn. With the numbers predicted comming over the fishing in the future would be tremendous. O stupid wants them gone to satisfy thier agenda which will completely hose you in the future. IF you figure out how few of them there are dispersed between all the creeks I think you will realize even taking a few will impact those runs sevearly. Allowing three a day is redicoulous in my mind.

M
masmith
Kodiak said:
IMO you guys should leave them alone and let them spawn. With the numbers predicted comming over the fishing in the future would be tremendous. O stupid wants them gone to satisfy thier agenda which will completely hose you in the future. IF you figure out how few of them there are dispersed between all the creeks I think you will realize even taking a few will impact those runs sevearly. Allowing three a day is redicoulous in my mind.

We have been screwed here in Yamhill County for a long, long time...

K
Kodiak
masmith said:
We have been screwed here in Yamhill County for a long, long time...

And killing your hope for a good fishery in the future will help that?...patients. Look at the jack counts for this year. They are significantly lower than last year. That means next years run will not be nearly as large. ODFW is using anglers to target and eliminate a run that could provide potential for years of great fishing by giving you large limits in the hopes you all will go bonk crazy and kill these fish....Don't Be used as a pawn to satisfy ODorks plans to keep your streams infertile. These fish will spawn and die and feed winter steelhead and spring chinook smolts through the winter and give you better runs over the next few years. ODFW gets more money by keeping these fish numbers low, and you will keep getting screwed. Make them work for a living and things will get better.