There are no fish tail's here ,eagle creek

B
boberdown
This is on a serious note: I just dont unerstand this? Conspiracy? Just plian out wrong!!!! I went to eagle creek this aftoon left around 5 oclock seen a few hundred fish the creek seems to be full of nice fish ,but low and behold seen around 30 fish on the bank dead and missing there tails!!!!!! No kidding i was dumb founded why someone would be cutting the tails off of coho's and putting them back in the water???? This is bs and i think some one should get to the bottom of it.... No animal could have done this this is staight up with an axe or a knife!!!wow ive seen some crazy---t before . This takes the cake! Wish i would have had my camra to show you guys i just hope whoever did this , carma will get them! Sorry everone for such a negitive report but i was very upset when i seen this....
Sincerly t.h.

Eaglecreek, ubove bonnieville dam

T
Troutier Bassier
Wth?
Wow. Your not even allowed to fish there!!!! Was it by the Hatchery?

B
boberdown
there were fish tails choped of from the top of the creek above the hatchery road bridge al around down passed the freeway bridge and train bridge and mainly by the big rock by the hatchery around the corner there were about ten fish and tails in therre and these were nice bright fish!

T
Troutier Bassier
Carp. There not Supposed to be fishing there one. And theres Bright fish at Eagle Creek?

B
bigdog
Troutier Bassier said:
Carp. There not Supposed to be fishing there one. And theres Bright fish at Eagle Creek?

You can fish eagle creek, who told you that you couldn't fish there?

Y
youngbuck307
i was at eagle the last few days didn't go today but there was for sure not 500fish in that creek anymore maybe 100 if your lucky unless fish are futher up then i thought i would think maybe a few did a mad dash up a lil higher up not to many... does some one got any more info on this???? out of all the days i have fished up there this year i havent seen 30 fish on the bank scents a the first few days after the huge rain...

T
Troutier Bassier
The Regs told me I couldent fish there.
The Eagle Creek above Bonneville dam is the one hes Talking About.

B
bigdog
Troutier Bassier said:
The Regs told me I couldent fish there.
The Eagle Creek above Bonneville dam is the one hes Talking About.

And you are so right little man I didn't see Bonneville dam part that is my bad. Sorry for that one.

B
boberdown
i pick up my son every fri from stevenson wa, you may have been there a couple a days ago and only saw a 100 but you should check it out agian because there are 500 plus fish easy just look over the bridge and see!!! i would not tell a lie and there are plenty of fish now threw out the creek!!!! and yes you can fish the creek below the train bridge! to the mouth the rest of the creek is closed but aperantly not to the chop off the tail fisherman! it would be one thing if they were poaching the fish but to just chop off the tails and leave everthing i just dont get it, anyway the coho are stacked in there and a lot have moved up stream as far as they can go without running out of water and the holding tank is pure full...

K
Kodiak
The brutal truth of missing tails is this...You might have miss I.D. some of the carcasses as those of steelhead..The tails are removed before carcass placement so they are not confused with naitive fish in spawn counts. Also it is not in the hatcheries intrest with the numbers returning this year to let a bunch of early bucks sit and die in the pens so they are returned to the system as "nutrients", tails removed again not to interfer with naitive spawn counts. ODFW will do mortality counts...a certain percentage of seemingly bright healthy fish will fall over dead from exhaustion..these fishes tails are also removed by odfw to I dentify that they have been counted.....On the personal side If I catch someone doing it just cause....My thier creator have mercy on thier soul.

T
Troutier Bassier
Its not as Easy Catching them Below the Bridge.
And Im guessing its pretty deep in Combat fishing there.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
In the know

In the know

Thanks Kodiak. This was a real head scratcher. It pays to know one who knows what's what. :clap: Too bad ODFW doesn't donate those to the Oregon Food Bank. :think:

M
metalfisher76
I am not sure about the confusion????? E.C. above the dam= fish all you want BELOW the mainline railroad bridge as of Aug. 15. Before that fish all the way up to the bridge right before the hatchery.PERIOD These fish will be there 1 day and gone the next. Been fishin it for years.

AS FAR AS D!%KS, TRASHING FISH(LIVES), I DON`T KNOW??????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjQLDVqgllY

This is from a couple months ago. It says spinner, but I was mistaken, it`s eggs w/ NO WEIGHT. Up, just below the hatchery,Aug, sometime before the Aug. 15 deadline
WHAT A BUNCH OF A holes!!!!! That would cause confusion! Just thought at first the confusion was over regs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom