P-Line CXX spools

M
Mike123
I can't find P-Line CXX in anything bigger than just a one spool size..

Where are the larger 600yd spools!!??

I miss GI Joes!

T
todd_brooks
Mike123 said:
I can't find P-Line CXX in anything bigger than just a one spool size..

Where are the larger 600yd spools!!??

I miss GI Joes!

I googled it and bass pro shop has it. Have you checked with fishermans? I have to say I miss joes too.

M
Mike123
todd_brooks said:
I googled it and bass pro shop has it. Have you checked with fishermans? I have to say I miss joes too.

Ima have to just make a trip to Oregon City soon.. stock up on stuff.

No stores around me anymore with fishing tackle.

Joes is gone and now I have to go to at least Salem to find what I want.
Even Outdoor Emporium doesn't have CXX in large spools.. they didn't have hardly anything in large spools!

J
JeannaJigs
gotta say i miss joes too...dick's has a good selection of certain lures, but otherwise...they don't really have much...not impressed at all. Which leaves me with Bi-Mart...and I guess Wal-mart...but not a fan of the wal-mart. If I didn't work late, there's a tackle shop called 2 bros, but...they're always closed by the time I get off work, and my weekends are chaos. :( I need to re-spool both my steelhead reels, and I can't find what i want. Gonna have to settle I guess.

H
halibuthitman
have you checked to see if your favorite lines have online stores you can buy from? especially in larger qaunities.. or ask to custom order the size spools or lures you want at dicks or mom and pop stores.

M
Mike123
halibuthitman said:
have you checked to see if your favorite lines have online stores you can buy from? especially in larger qaunities.. or ask to custom order the size spools or lures you want at dicks or mom and pop stores.

Well I know I can get it from P-Line themselves, but the cost for shipping is kinda annoying cause it's just a spool of line... :confused:

I'm sure Fisherman's has it... guess I'll just drive up there this week.
If I can find an online store that has everything I need I'll just do that cause $10 S&H is cheaper than $25 in gas to go to Fisherman's... :lol:

S
sandyboy
Do you use Pline cxx for main line or leader cause i use it for both and love it but was wondering if i shoud try Maxima for leader next.

M
Mike123
sandyboy said:
Do you use Pline cxx for main line or leader cause i use it for both and love it but was wondering if i shoud try Maxima for leader next.

I use it for both.. depends on conditions.. usually for winter steel I spool my drift/bait casting reel with either 10 or 12lb test CXX. For leaders when the water is green or murky I use the CXX moss green.. when the water clears up a bit I use Maxima UG.. when it is gin clear I switch to CFX or another flouro..

For my spinning reel I use 8lb cxx for spinners and hardware..

I'm just a big fan of P-Line.. I break hooks in half before I break 8lb CXX.

For springers last year I was using 15lb. cxx for leaders.. tough as nails!

S
sandyboy
Hey im a fan of Pline too i just love it i got the 10lb cxx and i love it.