Sevylor Fish Hunter

A
Anyfishisfine
I have the 12 foot Fish Hunter and I almost died the first trip out, and it hasn't seen much use since.

I bought it mail order from Ward's when I was in Okinawa because I had seen 2 Okinawan guy pull up to our beach in a rubber boat, and I had to have one.

When It came we headed to the beach and I headed out. The first thing I noticed was instant sea sickness from the rolling. Then we hit the current, and headed out to sea real fast. I had my neighbor's boy with me as his parents watched the raft shoot off like it was in a river. I managed to row back, and had 2 goat fish to show for it.

I found it really uncomfortable for fishing because of the soft bottom, so I would rig up something. Even plywood with padded edges might work.

By the way, how does the material it's made of hold up? Mine is about 20 years old now, and I'd like to either sell or give it away, but I don't want to create a hazard, get sued, and live with guilt for the rest of my life.

M
Markcanby
My wife had one when we first got togather:rolleyes: I think I went in it once an then got my toon.:D

J
jleepga
I wouldn't take the fish hunter out in anything other than a lake or small river. Can't really say about the longevity of the material as I've only had mine about a month.

A
Anyfishisfine
jleepga said:
I wouldn't take the fish hunter out in anything other than a lake or small river. Can't really say about the longevity of the material as I've only had mine about a month.

I wasn't all that bright back then. Had a lot of fun though.

J
jtazzi
i had the same problem sitting too low in the raft, i made a wood seat for it drilled some holes to run the rope through and put some marine carpeting on it, never had a problem with sitting too low and it was much more comfortable than those cheapo inflatable seats they come with, and if you plan on running a trolling motor you dont have to reach way back to steer...as for a good trolling motor check out bassproshops... the 55lb thrust pushed my raft real well and never had any problems with it

D
dobkins
floor borad

floor borad

dose any one have a owner manural that tells how to install the floor in detail?

C
ceceblue
The floor comes with a one page instruction sheet which is all you need. You inflate the floor first, lay the pieces in, lock them together with the two aluminium channels then inflate the rest of the boat being sure to keep pushing the floor down in position as you do so. First time I did it I thought the floor was going to ride up but as soon I got the boat fully inflated and put a little weight on it it popped right into place. Very happy with it.
Cheryl

D
dobkins
floorboard and boot found for FH280

floorboard and boot found for FH280

I found a boat boot and the floorboard on ebay .The boot was about 50.00 and can't rember the price of the floor but was some where about 1/2 the store price hope this may help some one thats looking .

O
Omy
Sevylor HF360

Sevylor HF360

I have the Sevylor HF360 and I use this boat every single weekent to go fishing for about 2 years without any problem with it.

It is equipped with:

-floorboard
-cover(boatboot)
-Minncota 55lb
-Canopy

This canopy takes this boat to the next level!!

Last edited by a moderator:
D
dobkins
thickness of floor

thickness of floor

Hello how thick is the plywood used in the Sevylor FH360.I am starting to make my own. didn't know if were 1/2 or 3/4 .

O
Omy
thickness of floor

thickness of floor

I used playwood 1/2". Just in case, you want to have a canopy for this boat you can find it on ebay, just search for "Sevylor Canopy".

D
dobkins
a canapy would do me much good around here.to many low hanging limbs.If I used it on a lake would be fine but dont use it that much.

C
cougarjim
Can anyone tell me how to affix the registration numbers on a sevylor 360? or what the Oregon law is? Someone told me you have to paint them on but you have to do it every 6 months or so. That sounds bogus.

Jim

J
jleepga
cougarjim said:
Can anyone tell me how to affix the registration numbers on a sevylor 360? or what the Oregon law is? Someone told me you have to paint them on but you have to do it every 6 months or so. That sounds bogus.

Jim

I would be interested in this as well. Anyone have an answer? I'd really appreciate it.

K
koboabe
paint the numbers onto a piece of plastic or wood (cutting board works) and hang them from you boat.
this is what I was told to do for my pontoon.
waiting on my numbers...
I already have the plank tied on to a D ring and frame with a small length of twine.
not the cleanest option, but it will work.

some other member have motorized inflatables, maybe they can chime in with another option.

you might be able to get some urethane to paint the numbers on with, but that would be spendy

M
Mike123
Huh, can't believe I just now seen this.

I have a 12ft-er. I made a floor out of plywood, then wrapped the edges with that foam pipe insulator stuff. Keeps the sharp edges from tearing up your boat.

M
Mike123
Omy said:
I have the Sevylor HF360 and I use this boat every single weekent to go fishing for about 2 years without any problem with it.

It is equipped with:

-floorboard
-cover(boatboot)
-Minncota 55lb
-Canopy

This canopy takes this boat to the next level!!

Holy crap! This thing is the Cadilac of all rafts! Props to you! How much money you got into this thing?