Made the rounds today!

A
adambomb
Markcanby and I started out the day trying to get to Abiqua falls, keyword TRYING. We made it as far as the steel grate bridge, but then we ended up at posted private property. So, we hopped over to Butte creek to check it out. Beautiful creek, clear cold water, and no signs of fish. We hiked from the campground down to the top of the falls (pic #1). We then headed up to Rhody lake. About a mile from the lake, the road was covered by about 18-24" of old snow so we hiked up the rest of the way only to find the lake 95% covered in about an inch of ice!! We fished what water didn't have any ice for about an hour then hiked back out. We stopped at Shorty's pond in Molalla on our way back to Canby, and wasted about 15min in that little cesspool. We finished up the day at a little pond over populated with palm sized crappie. We probably caught 40 fish between the two of us. All in all a good day fishing:D

T
Throbbit _Shane
cool pictures :D

you sure know how to get around :)

T
Thuggin4Life
Sounds like a fun day.

C
capblack
did you not know how to get to the Abiqua falls, or is there no access anymore? Brian

A
adambomb
capblack said:
did you not know how to get to the Abiqua falls, or is there no access anymore? Brian

We found the steel grate bridge, and then stayed right at the intersection of Milk Ranch Rd, but then came accross private property signs. After looking at the map at home later, looks like the private property signs were just posted facing the wrong direction because Abiqua Rd continues several miles past that point

D
dude young
Mmmmmm.... crappie fry.

M
Markcanby
dude young said:
Mmmmmm.... crappie fry.

Oh yeah:D
I was very disappointed when Adam said he was to tired to clean them.:rolleyes: So I had to take them home an eat the nasty little things:lol:

C
capblack
you can't get to abiqua falls anymore up abiqua road because its gated, you get there from crooked finger. you make a right just before the left to butte creek falls. that takes you down to abiqua falls. or are you talking the dam? i need to go back up there, its been years since ive been to abiqua/butte/rhody. theres also butte lakes up there by rhody, i believe there the headwaters of butte creek. Ive done more wheeling and hunting up there than fishing though. Brian
adambomb said:
We found the steel grate bridge, and then stayed right at the intersection of Milk Ranch Rd, but then came accross private property signs. After looking at the map at home later, looks like the private property signs were just posted facing the wrong direction because Abiqua Rd continues several miles past that point

A
adambomb
Markcanby said:
I was very disappointed when Adam said he was to tired to clean them.:rolleyes: So I had to take them home an eat the nasty little things:lol:

The truth is I was so tired from CATCHING nearly all of those, and secondly I wanted you to try them first to see if they were any good!!! But seriously, I plan on making a dent in the crappie population, and frying a few up:D

C
Charlie_merrifi
Meet me in Salem I'll show you how to get to abiqua it's a hard hike

O
OnTheFly
Markcanby said:

Anything's good on a Ritz right?