Rod/reel combo, can anyone shed some light on this?

T
the_intimidator03
ok. I will start with the rod. it is an Eagle Claw "starfire" 8 foot casting rod. SFCI 429 is the model number i do believe. manufactured by Wright & Mcgill.
anyone have an idea on action, line weight etc this rod would be good for? I am hoping it would be suitable for bank stugeon perhaps. but can settle for salmon and steelhead rod.

for the reel. it is a Pflueger Supreme Type S baitcaster with graphite bearings and holdes 120 yards of 15lb test... can anyone shed some more light on this reel as well? im not too familiar with it.

Thanks in advance
Eric

P.S. so far the only information i have found regarding ANY starfire rods is downrigger fiberglass rods.. those are marked SF*** mine is SFCI 429-8ft so i can't figure out what CI is except possibly Casting something :-| will call eagle claw tomorrow

Last edited:
C
circhin
Hi,
Hope you're still belong to the forum. I am looking for this exact rod and searching the internet far and wide this is the only personal return about this rod. If you still have it are you willing to sell it?
Thanks,
Eric

T
the_intimidator03
Hello there, I would have to find it again but I am almost 100% sure I still have it. Just moved

C
circhin
Well, if you do come by it during your arduous unpacking and would like to sell it, please let me know and hopefully we can work something out...

T
the_intimidator03
I did find the rod. you can reply either here or via private message which should be in your inbox

Top Bottom