Fall Chinook

M
Mike123
This thread is hilarious..
The guy wanted to know when to start fishing FALL CHINOOK AT THE COAST.
Geese now the guy probably thinks he can catch them in May and June...
Hard to believe there are hardly any fall nooks above tidewater right now.

Anyways everyone can go try to fish the coast whenever they like but I wont be out there till SEPT. 1st. :cool:

BTW I just caught this coho on the North Fork Alsea! :lol::lol::lol:

CohoheadshotTCOfunny.jpg

Last edited:
M
Mike123
GreenDrifter said:
The smell of fog and tide water gets my blood pumping. There should be a few fish but the fish in the coastal rivers really start showing up in mid September.

I agree... they should make that a candle scent or air freshener.
Call it Fall Chinook. hahaha... Today almost felt like Fall. And it's getting me
pumped for the coast!

G
GreenDrifter
osmosis said:
Good lookin spinner.
buuut... anyone that's actualy caught salt fresh chinook on a spinner would know that they absolutely ruin spinners. that spinner is perfectly straight. looks like another AA imaginative story.

Sorry man but this one just doesn't add up at all.

Now thats funny!:lol:

K
Kodiak
Thats not the only one I know of comming off the Siletz. Call coyote rock, they have 12 on thier board already, 36# being the largest, 8 on spinners, 4 on herring. The fourth week of august it will lay off till the third week of september, then all crazyness will break loose till the end of October, when it will wind down. Don't believe it? I know for a fact drift creek is producing...Always does this time of year. I've got five bucks says I can roll a thunderchicken in the jaws of the alsea and smack more than one nook. I've been doing it since I was
12. Try 101 hole on the salmon right now with the higher tides, egg coctails and spinners, jigging a herring. As far as AA's credabilty..whatever. Fact of the matter is the fishing are pulling up, there would appear to be more nooks than ODFW predicted.

M
Mad dog
They're in the Rogue right now!!! :dance: Lot's of good fishing in the Rogue above tidewater in August, a lot of years they are all the way to Rainie by the 3rd week. The Umpqua will be going strong anytime as well!

K
Kodiak
Mad dog said:
They're in the Rogue right now!!! :dance: Lot's of good fishing in the Rogue above tidewater in August, a lot of years they are all the way to Rainie by the 3rd week. The Umpqua will be going strong anytime as well!

Are you guys getting pretty good numbers down there or is it slower than normal like ODFW predicted....I havent been down there in years, trying to keep my finger on things...See if we can't Harass ODorks into lifting the restrictions.

M
Mad dog
Kodiak said:
Are you guys getting pretty good numbers down there or is it slower than normal like ODFW predicted....I havent been down there in years, trying to keep my finger on things...See if we can't Harass ODorks into lifting the restrictions.

I think things will be slower than normal, but the Rogue will produce better than most. The Umpqua will probably be a small run if it is like last year! :(

The South Coos might be a sleeper....sometimes it gets a good fall run!

M
Mike123
Think there's any coho above tidewater yet?