B-10 setup

M
Mike123
So Im heading for a couple two or three trips to B-10 this month..
Never fished it before.
Wondering what everyones set ups are?
I know Delta Divers work well, not sure what size.
Size 6-7 spinners..
Herring?
Hootchies?
Anchovies?
Snubber?
Lead? Lead size?
Flashers?
How deep to go?
How fast to troll?

:D:D:D

O
OnTheFly
Mike123 said:
So Im heading for a couple two or three trips to B-10 this month..
Never fished it before.
Wondering what everyones set ups are?
I know Delta Divers work well, not sure what size.
Size 6-7 spinners..
Herring?
Hootchies?
Anchovies?
Snubber?
Lead? Lead size?
Flashers?
How deep to go?
How fast to troll?

:D:D:D

Try with a pink lady diver and an anchovy with about 2 feet of leader. The bait should be hooked in the nose with the upper hook and the tail with the lower hook then sinched slightly to give it the roll. Don't forget to use a barrel swivel. Then from the reel to the first guide pull out maybe 15 pulls. Troll accordingly not to bash into anyones boat and for goodness sake...wear a crash helmet!

Irishrover
Irishrover
If you are headed to fish B-10 use divers no down riggers. Deep six are my favorite. You can run herring or anchovies. Like Onthefly said if you use anchovies run a hook through the nose to keep it shut while trolling. For herring use a herring , they work great. Your speed will depend on the tide. For your depth start out by setting rods a different depths. Like one at 12 pulls one at 14 and one at 16 ect until you find where they are at. Myself I do not use snubbers, lead or flashers, but many other folks do. Keep your line as short as possible and watch out for the crazies out there. I quit fish B-10 and either fish the ocean or the green line. Less folks to mess with and sometimes when the water is ruff at B-10 the cean is flatter. Good luck.

Last edited:
S
sandyboy
I use a 5oz banana wieght ty straight too main line and then the leader to the weight with cut plug herring simple easy catchs tons of silvers speed of troll 1-2 mph

G
GreenDrifter
we run delta divers 3 feet of leader to a fish flash and another 3 feet of leader to herring or spinner, once you find the right depth your set.

M
Mike123
Sweet thanks for the replies..

I was told to clip the flasher to the diver so it doesn't tangle.. any of you do that?

I think I want to try some spinners though too! Seems many guides do just as good or better with spinners. anynone have any good pics of their fav B-10 spinner? :D

O
osmosis
spinners or bait depends on water temp.
colder water fish bait, this year after that heat wave it looks like spinners will probably be better. atleast until things stay cool for awhile or we get rain.

I use 100lb braid to do that Mike. clip a bead chain to the diver and use the 100lb to attach the fish flash 3" or so behind the diver. I use a 4-6bead bead chain on both sides of the flasher. then I run 2' of #40 mono to another bead chain, and then about 4' of some more #40 mono to the spinner or dual 3/0 hooks for the herring.
so that you have the rod length in leader in total.. I mean when you put the hook in the hook keep on your rod you should be able to reel up all of the slack and have the diver right near your top guide

how fast to troll depends on the blade and tide.
building spinners with a hoochie on them can be amazingly deadly down there.

M
Mike123
osmosis said:
spinners or bait depends on water temp.
colder water fish bait, this year after that heat wave it looks like spinners will probably be better. atleast until things stay cool for awhile or we get rain.

I use 100lb braid to do that Mike. clip a bead chain to the diver and use the 100lb to attach the fish flash 3" or so behind the diver. I use a 4-6bead bead chain on both sides of the flasher. then I run 2' of #40 mono to another bead chain, and then about 4' of some more #40 mono to the spinner or dual 3/0 hooks for the herring.
so that you have the rod length in leader in total.. I mean when you put the hook in the hook keep on your rod you should be able to reel up all of the slack and have the diver right near your top guide

how fast to troll depends on the blade and tide.
building spinners with a hoochie on them can be amazingly deadly down there.

Nice thanks! That gives me a good visual! Also was going to try a spin N glow above a hootchie.. Like this...

SpinNGloSpinNGlo.jpg

O
osmosis
I never have done it with a spin glo but theres no reason I can think of why it wouldnt work, unless it provides too much bouyancy and pulls it up out of the zone. however while trolling the drag should keep it nearly straight behind the flasher Im pretty sure.
Try it, it should work. if it doesn't just pull it off and run straight hootchie or tie a spinner on there.
Try glow in the early mornings and switch to chartreuse and reds during the day is what I would do.

O
osmosis
Dang I like that bait clip idea, I've never heard of that one! That site is a good find.

M
Mike123
osmosis said:
Dang I like that bait clip idea, I've never heard of that one! That site is a good find.

I know right!? I stumbled upon it off the "I!@#$.net" website. :lol:

S
steelhead_stalkers
You can probably run just a hook off your flashers and catch fish this year!! :)