Fall Chinook

H
HANKIII
Hey all im new here looks like a great site. Question, when do fall chinook start heading up the coast streams ??

M
Mike123
Earliest I've ever caught one was Sept. 1st.
Just above tidewater.

Dont get your hopes up with this years run. :(

K
Kodiak
I start fishing July 4th for fall fish typically. They will be tiding in and out for the next few weeks. Guys up at tillamook are starting to pick up coho off the jetty.

F
FishSchooler
Fall nooks are already being caught on the Columbia river (and tribs)! You can keep them from aug 1-sep 13.

Sorry, I didn't see the coast streams part.

M
Mike123
Thought we were talking COASTAL RIVERS and STREAMS...?
Dont think you will see any Fall chinook in any rivers right now until Sept..
And I wouldn't bother fishing until last week in Sept...
Prime time is anytime in October.. November can be decent as well.
If someone knows a coastal river or stream that has Chinook in it let me know! :cool:

Last edited:
F
FishSchooler
Mike123 said:
Though we were talking COASTAL RIVERS and STREAMS...?
Dont think you will see any Fall chinook in any rivers right now until Sept..
And I wouldn't bother fishing until last week in Sept...
Prime time is anytime in October.. November can be decent as well.
If someone knows a coastal river or stream that has Chinook in it let me know! :cool:

Youngbuck307 caught a fat one in tanner creek

H
HANKIII
Its so much fun fishing the wilson and trask rivers just kinda wanted to know when it started to load up.... thanks for the info

M
Mike123
FishSchooler said:
Youngbuck307 caught a fat one in tanner creek

Huh.. didn't know Tanner creek was a coastal stream. :think:

The Columbia river fish show up a lot different times than the native coastal Fall chinook run.

S
steelhead_stalkers
Your right Mike, coastal salmon don't show up till later. Columbia and its tribs are different.

M
Mike123
steelhead_stalkers said:
Your right Mike, coastal salmon don't show up till later. Columbia and its tribs are different.

Chad gets it! :clap:

K
Kodiak
Shhhh!

Shhhh!

I'm not suposed to tell, let alone show this pic..BECAUSE THERE ARE NO NOOKS IN THE COSTAL SYSTEMS RIGHT NOW....THIS DID NOT COME OUT OF THE SILETZ A COUPLE DAYS AGO.

G
GreenDrifter
The smell of fog and tide water gets my blood pumping. There should be a few fish but the fish in the coastal rivers really start showing up in mid September.

B
beaverfan
Kodiak said:
I'm not suposed to tell, let alone show this pic..BECAUSE THERE ARE NO NOOKS IN THE COSTAL SYSTEMS RIGHT NOW....THIS DID NOT COME OUT OF THE SILETZ A COUPLE DAYS AGO.

And that's definitely not a TCO spinner hangin' out it's mouth!

K
Kodiak
Why, No..No its not...lousy knock off artist doing custom orders or something. It wasn't AA doing the damage either...direct shot from his cell.

T
Troutier Bassier
Thats not a very Good looking Spinner.

S
SNDSLGR
Troutier Bassier said:
Thats not a very Good looking Spinner.

pfffft! Dumb kid, any spinner hanging out the mouth of a dead fish is a good spinner... you have so much to learn.

O
osmosis
Good lookin spinner.
buuut... anyone that's actualy caught salt fresh chinook on a spinner would know that they absolutely ruin spinners. that spinner is perfectly straight. looks like another AA imaginative story.

Sorry man but this one just doesn't add up at all.

Last edited:
M
meluvtrout
osmosis said:
Good lookin spinner.
buuut... anyone that's actualy caught salt fresh chinook on a spinner would know that they absolutely ruin spinners. that spinner is perfectly straight. looks like another AA imaginative story.
pfffffftt :lol::lol::lol::lol:

T
Troutier Bassier
SNDSLGR said:
pfffft! Dumb kid, any spinner hanging out the mouth of a dead fish is a good spinner... you have so much to learn.
i can just write that down if you like?

S
steelhead_stalkers
osmosis said:
Good lookin spinner.

Sorry man but this one just doesn't add up at all.

Thats funny!! :D