Pikeminnow help please.....

C
cntrydude
My son goes to college in NE Portland. He lives on campus in the dorms and works at the Lloyd center. He is staying at the dorms even in the summer so he can work and try and save enough money for tuition next month. He usually works in the afternoons so his mornings are free and he has been trying to catch some squawfish for the bounty and has been striking out. He doesn't have a boat and his gas money is limited so does anyone have any ideas for where he could try in the Portland area?
Thanks for any help.

Last edited by a moderator:
T
Troutier Bassier
Hello, I think Im the only person who Catches Pikeminnow for Bounty, Well, I did Last year.

Me and my dad made 8k Or something.

Pikeminnow primarely prey on Salmon minnows, Crayfish, And Other minnows.

Fish for them around the ends of Streams and Rivers. Use Chicken Liver, Worms, Grasshoppers, Crayfish Tails, Chicken Skin, Coon Shrimp.

And heres my Rule, If they dont bite on bait, Use lures.

Lures should be 2-5Inches.

If your getting Snagged. your fishing in the right place. and if your not getting bites withing 30Mins move about 20 feet down and cast out again.

F
FishTastic
8k off of pike minnows? c'mon now you can't be serious? or can you? I was just wanting to catch them to see what the fight is like and to get a few out of the river to help the salmon out. I just need an idea of a place to go to fish for them, not familiar with the Willie or the Columbia. Thanks.

T
Troutier Bassier
8K is nothing,
Zaremskiy made 47k.

If there are Bass there there are Pikeminnow,
Use Chicken liver and Worms, And crayfish tails.
Fish Behined Wing dams.

M
mikld
What's the bounty per fish? Where do you turn them in? I'm not gonna try it yet as I'm still way south but, sounds like a fun way to make some cash!

T
Troutier Bassier
1-100 Fish = $4
101-400 fish = $5
401 - Up = $8

L
lpitzen
Does anyone know the Tax implications of this program if any?
Do they withhold X%? or do you get a W-2 or 1099 or K-1? Do you have to make estimated quarterly tax payments?
Or is this untaxed cash in your pocket? I would appreciate any
info from those with first hand experience. :confused:
tia,
Lew

T
Troutier Bassier
I dont know Much about taxes but I dont think you have to pay.

L
lizardman
My understanding is that when you turn in your catch for the day you do not get paid cash or check, but rather get a certificate you have to mail in for your money. Then BPA sends you a check, you are responsible for any 'income' taxes on the money you make.

I don't know if they send you a 1099 or if you simply have to add up the amounts on your check stubs.

Dave

T
Troutier Bassier
Yepp, What Lizardman Said

You get a Certifacate, Send it, In about 1 or 2 weeks you get a Check, :/

L
lpitzen
Tax info:

Tax info:

OK, I called the "more information" number here in Portland for the pikeminnow reward voucher program.

If you collect under $600 for 2009 you are on the honor system to pay whatever tax your bracket demands. It's like you won cash on video poker.

Now, if you did real well in 2009 and went over $600 in rewards you can expect a 1099 in your mailbox and a copy to uncle Ted and another copy to uncle Sam.

If you did REALLY well in 2009 and your additional tax liability is beyond some certain amount (check with your tax advisor) of your regular withholding, you will probably need to make estimated tax payments quarterly.

If you are on social security and already making quarterly estimated tax payments be sure you figure this stuff in to keep out of IRS trouble.

If your 12, make 2K and don't report it, you can prepare yourself to die in prison like Al Capone.(He went in for tax evasion you know):D:lol::lol::lol:

Those who made 2K/47K last year- good luck, your on your own.

(hope I didn't scare anyone TOO badly)

Lew

T
Troutier Bassier
..... I dont want to grow up, Taxes are Confusing.