Fishing near Baker City...

C
c_13_b
How is the fishing in any of the lakes near Baker City? i.e. Thief Valley Res., Phillips Lake, Unity Reservior. I will be fishing near there in the near future and would like to have a clue before I head out.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Inside info

Inside info

I've never fished there,but your best bet would be to PM joesnuffy or maybe gonefirefighting and get their input. joesnuffy lives in that area and would have the inside info. Good luck and be sure to let us know how you do.
Be safe.
Barb

M
Mad dog
Brownlee!!! Loads of smallmouth! :dance: Good catfishing, crappie at times.

Closer to Baker is Phillips, stocked with rainbows and packed with yellow perch. Anthony lake can be good for trout, and if you want to hike in, try twin lakes for trout.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Shame...on me

Shame...on me

Thanks Mad dog. Shame on me for not being wise enough to include 75% of our statewide members! I guess I had a case of tunnel vision. :rolleyes: ;)

Be safe.
Barb

J
joesnuffy
if you need anymore information send me another PM. we have lots of lakes nobody knows about around here :p

C
craigatkins
brown trout, crappie, catfish etc.

brown trout, crappie, catfish etc.

I went to Owyhee resevoir a couple of weeks ago, it is about 50 mile outside of Ontario but worth the drive. We caught about 250 crappie, catfish in the 24" range, a few bass. The real treat is that the river right out of the dam has some nice big Brown trout, catch and release, also some rainbow. Good luck.

F
flyguy33
has anyone fished below the dam at thief valley for trout?

T
Troutier Bassier
Im going to Oxbow in a few Days (Hopefully) Thats the place where you NEVER Get Skunked.......EVER!

J
joesnuffy
The river below Thief valley has some large fish sometimes. It depends on what the ranchers have done witht he water flows during the summer.

The bad part about it is the high chance of a rattlesnake encounter. LOTS of them in that area.

F
flyguy33
ok so i shouldnt go down there wat about by the dam up on the lake

J
joesnuffy
fish grow fast in that Res. it's just a matter of when the ranches drained it the last time and killed everything off. I've seen the lake drained and steelhead sized fish dead on the shore.

F
flyguy33
ya have u fished pilcher

J
joesnuffy
i fished piltcher about 1 month ago. didn't catch anything but had a few bites from some crappie i think. I didn't see anybody catch anything that day.

C
cookshot
right below the dam is good as soon as the shade hits the water. Use a fly rod or put on a grasshopper though, i tried rooster tails and got nothing, while my buddy caught 3 or 4 big rainbows. I dont think there are too many living there so we catch and release