Planning another OFF get together and need your help!

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
Glad to hear you think the algae will be gone and if not we can fish the rivers feeding Detroit. I don't know the area at all.

hobster
hobster
I don't know it at all either but i'll be there bloom or not. Let us hope Tony is right, if not seems like there are plenty of other options as well.

C
CastingCall
hobster;n605077 said:
I don't know it at all either but i'll be there bloom or not. Let us hope Tony is right, if not seems like there are plenty of other options as well.

Hey! everyone. Check this out on U-tube It's one of our own Sammy. He fished one of the tribs to Detroit lake. "trout fishing at Breitenbush river" First four cast was fish-on. Enjoy Tony

P
pinstriper
I think I'll be rolling in around 6pm Friday. I plan on bringing a fair pile of firewood.

P
pinstriper
I have some things for the swap meet. I have reached clarity on dexterity for baitcaster reels from my kayak. I'm moving to right hand retrieve. So I have a pair of line counter reels to part with. One is a Cabella's Depthmaster III, the other an Okuma Coldwater (not LP), both LH. Never used. The Coldwater is spooled with hi vis 50# braid Powerpro. I may scare up a net as well.

W
Willerman
pinstriper;n605456 said:
I'm moving to right hand retrieve.

The dark side...

hobster
hobster
Wow this is coming up fast! I've had a crazy busy summer so far- sons graduation, friends and family visiting, just got back from the High Sierra fest in Quincy CA, next weekend camping at OCF then the gathering and then more family. Oh yeah, then working my butt of as well! Haven't had much time to fish, I am usually chasing summer steelies but the run is so bad I haven't found the time ( I usually ALWAYS make time for steelhead fishing). Anyway, hope everyone is having a great summer so far!
I am taking that Friday OFF and heading to the campsite around check-in since I reserved, I have a spot in my 2 seater truck if anyone from Eugene/Springfield needs a ride (Brandon?) I'll be heading home on Sunday at some point. Can't wait to do some fishing and partying!

T
troutmasta
stoked.

M
montym
Anyone planning a day trip from beaverton/Hillsboro area? We can take my car, no cost sharing expected.

C
CastingCall
pinstriper;n605406 said:
I think I'll be rolling in around 6pm Friday. I plan on bringing a fair pile of firewood.

Pinstriper Just a heads-up,check the local rules and regs. about bringing outside firewood. Some parks don't allow outside firewood. OR! don t' ask, don't show, don't tell. Some parks allow good clean wood (bug free) ie construction short ends. Tony

EOBOY
EOBOY
CastingCall;n605570 said:
Pinstriper Just a heads-up,check the local rules and regs. about bringing outside firewood. Some parks don't allow outside firewood. OR! don t' ask, don't show, don't tell. Some parks allow good clean wood (bug free) ie construction short ends. Tony

Tony: We still meeting up at site #16 on the 13th? I will help with the cost, no problem.

C
CastingCall
EOBOY;n605572 said:
Tony: We still meeting up at site #16 on the 13th? I will help with the cost, no problem.

E! You owe me nothing! I don't want to appear to claim-jump the gathering or the this thread. As mentioned earlier I will pay my share to Hobster. Hobster is the trail boss on this gathering.He fronted the monies for the gathering of OFF. I just got a site for the stay over 13th through the week-end. You are welcome to join me. You can help with the food, at all the fish camps that I have attended each man cooks one night, bring or store pre-made, no matter. Anyone to wants to join for the stayover will have to do the same "cook" . Tony ps don't forget the swap meet part.

EOBOY
EOBOY
CastingCall;n605579 said:
E! You owe me nothing! I don't want to appear to claim-jump the gathering or the this thread. As mentioned earlier I will pay my share to Hobster. Hobster is the trail boss on this gathering.He fronted the monies for the gathering of OFF. I just got a site for the stay over 13th through the week-end. You are welcome to join me. You can help with the food, at all the fish camps that I have attended each man cooks one night, bring or store pre-made, no matter. Anyone to wants to join for the stayover will have to do the same "cook" . Tony ps don't forget the swap meet part.

Well I don't think your jumping anything we may need the extra site. As for Hobbs he can forget getting anything from me.................just kidding buddy:lol: Really looking forward to a good time.:thumb:

K
killigan
hobster;n605528 said:
I have a spot in my 2 seater truck if anyone from Eugene/Springfield needs a ride (Brandon?)
Eric, I will be leaving Thurston to Detroit Lake on Saturday morning before daylight, making this a day trip, leaving the lake later in the evening. I figured I would pay and park by the day-use/boat ramp nearest to the camp. I will be bank fishing or venturing up into the tributaries, unless other opportunities present themselves. I've never been to Detroit Lake and look forward to fishing the area, as well as meeting a few OFF members.

Brandon

Reactions: EOBOY
T
Throbbit _Shane
Is this going on this weekend?

K
killigan
Throbbit _Shane;n605620 said:
Is this going on this weekend?

No, Friday the 14th and Saturday the 15th are the days of the function.

hobster
hobster
EOBOY;n605587 said:
Well I don't think your jumping anything we may need the extra site. As for Hobbs he can forget getting anything from me.................just kidding buddy:lol: Really looking forward to a good time.:thumb:

You owe me nothing my friend, if anything we all owe you. Thank you for your service!

Reactions: EOBOY
hobster
hobster
killigan;n605600 said:
Eric, I will be leaving Thurston to Detroit Lake on Saturday morning before daylight, making this a day trip, leaving the lake later in the evening. I figured I would pay and park by the day-use/boat ramp nearest to the camp. I will be bank fishing or venturing up into the tributaries, unless other opportunities present themselves. I've never been to Detroit Lake and look forward to fishing the area, as well as meeting a few OFF members.

Brandon

Right on buddy, I look forward to fishing with you Saturday!

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
I'm not going to be able to make it until Saturday morning. What time do guys think you'll be hitting the water?

P
pinstriper
Hooked Up;n605633 said:
I'm not going to be able to make it until Saturday morning. What time do guys think you'll be hitting the water?

Depends on how festive things get Friday night.