Planning another OFF get together and need your help!

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
Casting Call;n603504 said:
Hobsterman ! pick a date! Lets see if most OFFers can work on being there.

Last half of June is booked for me, I have a graduation and family in town. Nothing else planned unless my scheduler hasn't told me yet.:yikes:

TheKnigit
TheKnigit
The month of June is pretty much booked for me as well. I could probably do July or August though.

troutdude
troutdude
montym ; I believe that PK are his initials. He goes by Sammy, on here. So you can look up Sammy, and send him a PM.

hobster
hobster
Sorry guys I have been super busy with life and haven't posted in a while. June is crazy for me as well with my son graduating and friends visiting. Will mid july work for everyone? I was thinking the weekend of July 14th. The spot should be easily reachable to Eugene and P-town peeps. Detroit sounds good to me, never been there either. Should we go for it? I will take care of reservations etc. once it is decided.
As for alcohol, I love my beer but there will be plenty of other goodies there if ya know what I mean. Hopefully I still have some outdoor left then.
Hey Brandon, I have a canoe, small boat with oars and extra pontoon for you (or anyone) to use, so no rentals needed, hopefully.

W
wils
[No message]

Last edited:
Casting Call
Casting Call
Hobster july 14 sounds good to me. Lock it in. Let me rundown a list of camp sites. Detroit Lake State Park Camp Grounds is right on the main hwy going into Detroit, lots of family camping and sites are very closer together, good mourning sun but noisy traffic and crowds, fills-up first,good security patrols,three minute drive to lodgings,restaurants, stores,boat rentals,bait shop and launch ramp. Hoover camp grounds off of Blowoff road in Idanha is on the southside of the lake, gets very little sunshine along the same road Southside Camp Grounds gets evening sunshine and is the most remote and has lots of space per campsite. My fav is Southside,cool shade all day long( very hot in July) and bank and launch avail. Did I mention the hot tub springs nude camp up the road on Breitenbush Rd. Can't wait to meet,greet and fish with the OFFer. Tony p.s. Breitenbush has some very good trout holes.

Casting Call
Casting Call
Hobster let us all know what you have decided and it's "GO-TIME" for planning dates. Tony

Casting Call
Casting Call
Breitenbush Is only nude at night. U-tube "Breitenbush hotsprings cultural center" You all need to see this. Tony

EOBOY
EOBOY
Casting Call;n603563 said:
Breitenbush Is only nude at night. U-tube "Breitenbush hotsprings cultural center" You all need to see this. Tony

Good thing it's at night. Hobbs make sure we get something I can get my tent trailer to.

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
July 14th should work

Casting Call
Casting Call
EOBOY;n603573 said:
Good thing it's at night. Hobbs make sure we get something I can get my tent trailer to.

Hobbs ditto for me on the tent trailer. Tony

hobster
hobster
Casting Call;n603561 said:
Hobster july 14 sounds good to me. Lock it in. Let me rundown a list of camp sites. Detroit Lake State Park Camp Grounds is right on the main hwy going into Detroit, lots of family camping and sites are very closer together, good mourning sun but noisy traffic and crowds, fills-up first,good security patrols,three minute drive to lodgings,restaurants, stores,boat rentals,bait shop and launch ramp. Hoover camp grounds off of Blowoff road in Idanha is on the southside of the lake, gets very little sunshine along the same road Southside Camp Grounds gets evening sunshine and is the most remote and has lots of space per campsite. My fav is Southside,cool shade all day long( very hot in July) and bank and launch avail. Did I mention the hot tub springs nude camp up the road on Breitenbush Rd. Can't wait to meet,greet and fish with the OFFer. Tony p.s. Breitenbush has some very good trout holes.

Thanks Tony, great info there. I almost reserved at South shore campground at site #15 which has a 130 ft. pull through driveway, and a capacity of 12 people. Largest site in the campground. Only thing is all sites have 2 max vehicles. I'm sure we could pay extra for the extra vehicles. Looks like a great campground and off the beaten path a bit. I like it. I'll reserve tonite unless anyone sees a reason not to.

EOBOY
EOBOY
Sounds good to me, I wonder how they figure 12 people are going to show up in 2 vehicles. Unbelievable :yikes:

T
troutmasta
Im there. Hobster Ill reach out when I have some free time to help plan

Getting ready to get my Game 3 tix!

hobster
hobster
EOBOY;n603591 said:
Sounds good to me, I wonder how they figure 12 people are going to show up in 2 vehicles. Unbelievable :yikes:

:lol: no doubt! Crazy

OK, I just reserved the campsite. Southshore campground at Detroit lake, site #15 loop 2 for Friday July 14th and Saturday July 15th. Hope we have a good turnout, it will be a blast either way! Looking forward to it :thumb:

hobster
hobster
troutmasta;n603593 said:
Im there. Hobster Ill reach out when I have some free time to help plan

Getting ready to get my Game 3 tix!

Awesome. Should be a good game to see, there will be lots of energy in there. Nurk has a possibility of playing, man I hope so!

Casting Call
Casting Call
hobster;n603595 said:
:lol: no doubt! Crazy

OK, I just reserved the campsite. Southshore campground at Detroit lake, site #15 loop 2 for Friday July 14th and Saturday July 15th. Hope we have a good turnout, it will be a blast either way! Looking forward to it :thumb:

Good job! Thanks for taking the lead on this. So now what is my share of the cost? Tony

hobster
hobster
Casting Call;n603601 said:
Good job! Thanks for taking the lead on this. So now what is my share of the cost? Tony

Total was $85 but i'm not too worried about it. We can work it out at the gathering. I thought about sunday also but last year we booked sunday as well and no one stayed for it, we were all too burned out :D

Hope Barb shows up, I know it's in her neck of the woods.

L
lonewolf
Hey all, new to your boards & state here. I've been signed up & lurking through your site trying to learn a lil about where, how to fish up there. I should be moved up to a lil place in Myrtle Creek around the 1st week of June. I was hoping if I'm settled into the new homestead a little that you wouldn't mined a newbie coming by & meet up & hopefully make some new fishing bud's. I'm not new to fishing, been fishing for most all my 61 yrs here. even fished in or. a time or 2 in my waay younger yrs. :) on the Rogue.
Like to learn when,what how to fish up there. I mostly fish for Sturgeon & Stripers & Salmon here. And like to find when & where to hunt for them up there.
I have fished trout,panfish & what have you too & not opposed to trying any type of fishing most anytime.
Can't promise I can make it w/th just moving & all but I'd like to try if only for a few hours or a day.
Thanks
Paul

Casting Call
Casting Call
Welcome Lonewolf, be lone nomore. Did you leave any info in your bio?"About" you when you signed on. I'll shoot you a P.M. Tony