Planning another OFF get together and need your help!

Aervax
Aervax
No Title

Just brainstorming here, but what about going someplace farther out there where most members have not had a chance try. Throwing out the idea of Wallowa Lake. Kokanee and Mackinaw, tramway to the top of the mountain and great hiking for family members who don't fish. Town is near enough to drive in for a meal or a beer. Hike in fishing opportunities in the surrounding area. And spectacularly beautiful country that most of us have not seen, myself included.

• photo31245.jpg
Casting Call
Casting Call
Aervax;n603274 said:
Just brainstorming here, but what about going someplace farther out there where most members have not had a chance try.
Great idea Aervax! Can some of you OFFers follow this lead and still not giveaway your honeyhole. Remember this is a meet and greet event not a fishing competition. My $.02 is Hebo Lake. How about making Oregon's First Annual Fishing Swap Meet & Greet at common location? Tony

Last edited:
Casting Call
Casting Call
troutmasta;n603273 said:
Gosh, I almost missed all of this. I'm in.

I'll co-host hobster. When and where.

I'll co-host the co host. Tony

EOBOY
EOBOY
Aervax;n603274 said:
Just brainstorming here, but what about going someplace farther out there where most members have not had a chance try. Throwing out the idea of Wallowa Lake. Kokanee and Mackinaw, tramway to the top of the mountain and great hiking for family members who don't fish. Town is near enough to drive in for a meal or a beer. Hike in fishing opportunities in the surrounding area. And spectacularly beautiful country that most of us have not seen, myself included.

That is a long haul, Haven't been there since my buddy's and I were asked to leave town and not come back. I think that was the summer of '67. I'm to old to hike up to the high lakes, but I think you can rent a horse.

Reactions: troutmasta
EOBOY
EOBOY
Casting Call;n603280 said:
Great idea Aervax! Can some of you OFFers follow this lead and still not giveaway your honeyhole. Remember this is a meet and greet event not a fishing competition. My $.02 is Hebo Lake. How about making Oregon's First Annual Fishing Swap Meet & Greet at common location? Tony

Maybe this is a little over the top but during down season we can rent a 14 person boat on lake billy chinook for $1500, if we do before or on the 31st of March it;s $1200 or so.

Casting Call
Casting Call
EOBOY;n603292 said:
Maybe this is a little over the top but during down season we can rent a 14 person boat on lake billy chinook for $1500, if we do before or on the 31st of March it;s $1200 or so.

It's a gathering right! Other considerations like meals and drink, capt. who,deposit, and how days is that rental price for? I'll bring the brownies if I don't have to cook. Yes Eboy it's a little over the top BUT The idea is a good one. Maybe set-up camp around a B&B,lodge,or house rental. Keep the ideas coming guys. Tony

hobster
hobster
troutmasta;n603273 said:
Gosh, I almost missed all of this. I'm in.

I'll co-host hobster. When and where.

I'll pm you Jeff, you are much better and experienced at this than me. Stoked to see you in!

Wallowa looks amazing but it's WAY out there. Hebo sounds cool, and any of the cascade lakes would be great. I'd be happy with Craine again like KCox said also

TheKnigit
TheKnigit
I would love an excuse to go back to Miller Lake. I know the road in can be a little washboardy and rough, but the fishing is well worth it. There is also a trail system for hiking, decent bank access almost all the way around, and the creek to fish.

T
troutmasta
hobster;n603296 said:
I'll pm you Jeff, you are much better and experienced at this than me. Stoked to see you in!

Wallowa looks amazing but it's WAY out there. Hebo sounds cool, and any of the cascade lakes would be great. I'd be happy with Craine again like KCox said also

Haven't seen a PM but then again, I'm terrible at this "new" format. As much as I would love a road trip, I agree that some place more local/traveled would be easier for all, and more likely to have people attend.

Crane would be fun again. I'm open for any hood lakes. The only problem with lakes closer to the coast is inclement weather. I'm pretty neutral if there is good fishing, a chance for decent weather, and within 2/3 hours for Portland Eugene folks, just because we have a lot of them here.

Oh yeah, we will need lots of beer.

T
Throbbit _Shane
I'll try to attend this gathering, the couple I went to at trillium was a lot of fun. Wickiup and crane are good choices, the unimproved camp sites are right on the water and free! Lots of beer for sure! Me and a OFF member I wont identify went camping at the end of February, filled a garbage bag full of empties lol.

EOBOY
EOBOY
troutmasta;n603335 said:
Crane would be fun again. I'm open for any hood lakes. The only problem with lakes closer to the coast is inclement weather. I'm pretty neutral if there is good fishing, a chance for decent weather, and within 2/3 hours for Portland Eugene folks, just because we have a lot of them here.

Oh yeah, we will need lots of beer.

I agree about the coast range. Crane would be fun again, BUT I like the idea of making it close to the majority of people. You know I quit drinking, but a big bowl full is nice.:yikes:

K
killigan
I would be interested in attending, depending on what date it is going to be held on. It would be nice if the location had some decent bank fishing access or the availability of a boat rental maybe? Is trout fishing the go-to for these outings? Would a bass/warm water species lake be to difficult of a venue for a get together? Maybe a spot close to a summer steelhead/trout river, as well as a lake? Just throwing out ideas. Doing a quick search online, Detroit Lake seems to have options, as well as being located between Portland/Eugene, have never been there, so not sure if it's what your looking for in a location. Odds are, I'll be steelhead fishing the day before the gathering! :D I'm not into drinking alcohol, but enjoy fishing of any kind.

Reactions: Casting Call
Casting Call
Casting Call
killigan;n603354 said:
I would be interested in attending, depending on what date it is going to be held on. It would be nice if the location had some decent bank fishing access or the availability of a boat rental maybe? Is trout fishing the go-to for these outings? Would a bass/warm water species lake be to difficult of a venue for a get together? Maybe a spot close to a summer steelhead/trout river, as we.ll as a lake? Just throwing out ideas. Doing a quick search online, Detroit Lake seems to have options, as well as being located between Portland/Eugene, have never been there, so not sure if it's what your looking for in a locati.on. Odds are, I'll be steelhead fishing the day before the gathering! :D I'm ot into drinking alcohol, but enjoy fishing of any kind..

Killigan you hit the jackpot!!!!! In the last three weeks I have gotten several PMs on your idea. Detroit Lake, below the dam, the lake, two tribs Breitenbush river&north Santiam river and a river by Mill City. As we all know how much rain we have had, the lake is up to its normal HIGH. EBOY speaking of HIGH what's this about a bowl? I'll donate the brownies. So EOBOY lets pick a date to meet and fish. Tony p.s. my fav is Breitenbush & below the dam

Reactions: KCox, EOBOY and Markk
Casting Call
Casting Call
Casting Call;n603487 said:
Killigan you hit the jackpot!!!!! In the last three weeks I have gotten several PMs on your idea. Detroit Lake, below the dam, the lake, two tribs Breitenbush river&north Santiam river and a river by Mill City. As we all know how much rain we have had, the lake is up to its normal HIGH. EBOY speaking of HIGH what's this about a bowl? I'll donate the brownies. So EOBOY lets pick a date to meet and fish. Tony p.s. my fav is Breitenbush & below the dam
Also between Lyons to Mill City there is a park with several warm water lakes. Tony

Casting Call
Casting Call
Casting Call;n603488 said:
Also between Lyons to Mill City there is a park with several warm water lakes. Tony

Hey all! U-tube "North Santiam river, Oregon-Mehama,Mill City,Big Cliff dam,Detroit dam,Idanha" Check out 7:07 on the vid. What a river to float or fish. Tony

EOBOY
EOBOY
Casting Call;n603487 said:
EBOY speaking of HIGH what's this about a bowl? I'll donate the brownies.

Detroit sounds good! Brownies will do:peace: Is Devils lake showing any Bass yet?

EOBOY
EOBOY
My question at this point is what date are we shooting for here?

Casting Call
Casting Call
A week after PKs surf perch contest. Ask PK or Hobster said he would trailboss this event. Hobsterman ! pick a date! Lets see if most OFFers can work on being there. Tony

Last edited:
M
montym
Casting Call said:
A week after PKs surf perch contest. Ask PK or Hobster said here would trailboss this event. Hobsterman ! pick a date! Lets see if most OFFers can work on being there. Tony
Tony, curious about this stuff perch contest, when and where will it be?

Casting Call
Casting Call
Montym my man! To answer your question you can PM PK on this forum or on U-tube. Tell him Casting Call Sent you. GL Tony