Planning another OFF get together and need your help!

EOBOY
EOBOY
count me in when ever and where ever you all decide to go. I love the EO.

EOBOY

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
I hope we can get an OFF gathering organized but regardless, I'm definitely spending a week going after CraneBows next June...

Reactions: Ikijime
W
wils
rogerdodger said:
I hope we can get an OFF gathering organized but regardless, I'm definitely spending a week going after CraneBows next June...

please keep us Bendites posted on that. "get-togethers" need not be formal campouts. a simple "Howdy!" and a handshake works, too. ;)

MrGrumpFish
MrGrumpFish
Any news on this? I assume a new thread will pop up once a decision is made?

Cheers,

Chris

Ikijime
Ikijime
I think we really need a "poll" function, with just a few of the most popular locations, determined by poster feedback. We could all vote on the meet up. Maybe even the top 2 most popular could be organized into meets. That way, the majority would have their ideal meet organized. There's no reason why we can't have a meet in different parts of the state quarterly, right?

James

Casting Call
Casting Call
I agree! Tony

hobster
hobster
What we need is for people to show up! I think there were 7 of us at the last one?

T
troutmasta
Ya, Ive hosted 3 and never had more than 5-10 show up. We have fun, but my particular interest hosting is over.

T
twout
5-10 don't sound so bad. How about Timothy Lake 2017? Any camping would need to be reserved through rec.gov the sites fill fast. Seems people end up not showing up. So what's the reason they can't commit? Great campsites and great fishing. Do a big one night BBQ,everyone pitch it on a hot dog/hamburger feed. Family friendly event.

Reactions: Troutski and Markk
S
steelhead_slayer
I may be in central oregon at that time or I may already have moved to eastern oregon. I'll keep an eye on the thread though

L
Lurker
hobster;n600173 said:
What we need is for people to show up! I think there were 7 of us at the last one?

My buddy and I showed up a week early by mistake. I think I stopped using the forums for a while after that due to the embarrassment.

hobster
hobster
Lurker;n602004 said:
My buddy and I showed up a week early by mistake. I think I stopped using the forums for a while after that due to the embarrassment.

Well, I hope you had a blast and caught lots of fish anyway :thumb:

Casting Call
Casting Call
Any word on the next gathering? Who's the new trailboss for the gathering? Plan now! Spring is just a few weeks away. Tony

Reactions: Admin
hobster
hobster
Jeff is done hosting it appears (but you'll still come to a gathering, right? :)) I'll step up to the plate if there is enough interest. Had a blast last year and would really love to see some of them boys again.

EOBOY
EOBOY
hobster;n602851 said:
Jeff is done hosting it appears (but you'll still come to a gathering, right? :)) I'll step up to the plate if there is enough interest. Had a blast last year and would really love to see some of them boys again.

Right on Eric, I'd go for another gathering.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
I will do my best to attend again this year...

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
I will try harder this year, summer is really busy time of the year for me.

B
BaldTexan
I'm interested. Couldn't make it last year as family was in town visiting

hobster
hobster
EOBOY;n602852 said:
Right on Eric, I'd go for another gathering.

I'm not going unless you are there :thumb: Good to see some interest here, maybe we should start planning

Reactions: EOBOY
Casting Call
Casting Call
hobster;n602851 said:

Sometime last year someone suggested two events, one north and one south.Sounded very interesting. Lets see how this idea playsout. July NORTH AREA.Trask River County Park,above{ the hatchery} and Wilson River {minutes away}.Then Nehalem River Falls Park {just below Salmonberry River} Crabbing in Nehalem Bay with boat rentals nearby Now August SOUTH AREA.Moonshine park OFF the Siletz River also Olalla Reservior for calmer waters. As I stated earlier"lets how this playsout. Tony

Reactions: EOBOY