Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Planning another OFF get together and need your help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds good to me, I wonder how they figure 12 people are going to show up in 2 vehicles. Unbelievable
    DON'T BELIEVE EVERY THING YOU THINK!

Comment

• Im there. Hobster Ill reach out when I have some free time to help plan

Getting ready to get my Game 3 tix!

Comment

• Originally posted by EOBOY View Post
        Sounds good to me, I wonder how they figure 12 people are going to show up in 2 vehicles. Unbelievable
        no doubt! Crazy

OK, I just reserved the campsite. Southshore campground at Detroit lake, site #15 loop 2 for Friday July 14th and Saturday July 15th. Hope we have a good turnout, it will be a blast either way! Looking forward to it

Comment

• Originally posted by troutmasta View Post
          Im there. Hobster Ill reach out when I have some free time to help plan

Getting ready to get my Game 3 tix!
          Awesome. Should be a good game to see, there will be lots of energy in there. Nurk has a possibility of playing, man I hope so!

Comment

• Originally posted by hobster View Post

no doubt! Crazy

OK, I just reserved the campsite. Southshore campground at Detroit lake, site #15 loop 2 for Friday July 14th and Saturday July 15th. Hope we have a good turnout, it will be a blast either way! Looking forward to it
            Good job! Thanks for taking the lead on this. So now what is my share of the cost? Tony

Comment

• Originally posted by Casting Call View Post

Good job! Thanks for taking the lead on this. So now what is my share of the cost? Tony
              Total was $85 but i'm not too worried about it. We can work it out at the gathering. I thought about sunday also but last year we booked sunday as well and no one stayed for it, we were all too burned out

Hope Barb shows up, I know it's in her neck of the woods.

Comment

• Hey all, new to your boards & state here. I've been signed up & lurking through your site trying to learn a lil about where, how to fish up there. I should be moved up to a lil place in Myrtle Creek around the 1st week of June. I was hoping if I'm settled into the new homestead a little that you wouldn't mined a newbie coming by & meet up & hopefully make some new fishing bud's. I'm not new to fishing, been fishing for most all my 61 yrs here. even fished in or. a time or 2 in my waay younger yrs. on the Rogue.
                Like to learn when,what how to fish up there. I mostly fish for Sturgeon & Stripers & Salmon here. And like to find when & where to hunt for them up there.
                I have fished trout,panfish & what have you too & not opposed to trying any type of fishing most anytime.
                Can't promise I can make it w/th just moving & all but I'd like to try if only for a few hours or a day.
                Thanks
                Paul

Comment

• Welcome Lonewolf, be lone nomore. Did you leave any info in your bio?"About" you when you signed on. I'll shoot you a P.M. Tony

Comment

• I'm not sure what I might of put in my bio right now. But if you want to check up on me, you can find a lot of my post's on the finnaddicts.us (nottrying to advertise other sites here just give info on me, so sorry if I broke any rules..) I've been on this site for several years now as well as others before that, that have fallen by the way side as a lot of these type sites do.
                    And if you want to know anything about me, just ask. As I said I'll be moved to Southern Or. by the 1st week of June, though I probably won't be able to get a fishing license for what, 6 monthes? But wouldn't stop me from enjoying some time on the water as a deck hand net boy, steering whatever even just along for the ride. LOL w/new friends
                    Paul

Comment

• Having never been to Detroit lake, I was hoping to get a little info from a local on the fishery since we are having the get together there. I was just wondering if the usual trout/kokanee gear and tactics are the go to method here? I'm pretty sure I'll be trolling mostly. Thanks to anyone who has some local info!

Comment

• Originally posted by hobster

no doubt! Crazy

So how does this work ? I have a truck and a teardrop. Do I get my own reso, or is there space in what you booked ?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstriper View Post

So how does this work ? I have a truck and a teardrop. Do I get my own reso, or is there space in what you booked ?
                          A teardrop? Don't cry Horrible joke I know. The campsite should be plenty big for all of us and there should be parking as well. I think Tony reserved an extra spot also with space. I wouldn't worry about space, if worst comes to worse we might have to pay a little extra for parking. Judging from previous gatherings I don't think that will be an issue.

How does it work? Just show up and have a great time!!

Comment

• Ok, I'll be there with my kayak.

Comment

• Originally posted by killigan View Post
                              Having never been to Detroit lake, I was hoping to get a little info from a local on the fishery since we are having the get together there. I was just wondering if the usual trout/kokanee gear and tactics are the go to method here? I'm pretty sure I'll be trolling mostly. Thanks to anyone who has some local info! :thum b:
                              It's all good! The lake will have been stocked several times before all get there. Bank, trolling, fly. and bass fishing. AROUND the lake. Hot showers, lodging ,stores. bait shop, motorboat ramp and restaurants. Lots todo for everyone. Tony

Comment

• Originally posted by killigan View Post
                                Having never been to Detroit lake, I was hoping to get a little info from a local on the fishery since we are having the get together there. I was just wondering if the usual trout/kokanee gear and tactics are the go to method here? I'm pretty sure I'll be trolling mostly. Thanks to anyone who has some local info!
                                I troll with a flatfish at the end of the leader as a shallow diver, up from that I use an 18" dropper worm/fly/spinner at 11/2 mph works for me. I also like to fly fish up breitenbush or north santiam. Tony

Comment

• Originally posted by CastingCall View Post

It's all good! The lake will have been stocked several times before all get there. Bank, trolling, fly. and bass fishing is all AROUND the lake. Hot showers, lodging ,stores. bait shop, motorboat ramp and restaurants. Lots todo for everyone. Tony
                                  I thought we're at South Shore. My info says no showers, vault toilet, no hookups in the "RV" sites, which just means a parking spot and a fire ring, maybe a picnic table. No water or electric.

Comment

• Pinstriper I don't about "your info" My read was "AROUND the lake" You will have to go to the Town of Idana, turn west(blowout rd.) to get to the" south shore " of the lake. "South Shore Campgrounds" is just that! campgrounds, No Elect, and no showers. Showers can be had in Idana where you turn off the main road at the first bridge on the SanT R. Tony

Comment

• FYI coin operated showers are to be had @ Cove creek CG. Tony.

Comment

• I did mention earlier about having a swap meet at the gathering. Good idea Tony!. So everyone start looking around the gear you have that you want to trade. Let me start by saying that I am looking for a center pin reel. I have trout, salmon and fly rod and reel combo's also tenkara rods. I may have a single cable boat steering set up for a console. I will post other stuff in the weeks to come. I hope you OFFers will post the same for the July gathering. Tony

Comment

• Originally posted by CastingCall View Post
                                          I did mention earlier about having a swap meet at the gathering. Good idea Tony!. So everyone start looking around the gear you have that you want to trade. Let me start by saying that I am looking for a center pin reel. I have trout, salmon and fly rod and reel combo's also tenkara rods. I may have a single cable boat steering set up for a console. I will post other stuff in the weeks to come. I hope you OFFers will post the same for the July gathering. Tony
                                          I also have a older minn-kota elect troll mtr. to throw into the trade mix. Still looking for a center-pin reel. Tony

Comment

Working...
                                          X