Whitetail hunting in Oregon

7toor
Hi all, currently in PA, might be moving to WA in a year or so. Their regulations and rules are so complicated and dumb, how are they in Oregon? Can I buy multiple deer tags and hunt throughout the various seasons (rifle, archery, muzzleloader) til they're filled? Is there whitetail in the western half? I'd be moving to Yelm area, but I'm willing to drive. Thanks for any info.

GaryP1958
GaryP1958
West of the Cascades they are there and I saw a road kill 10 miles east of Eugene a month ago, got to read the regulations and of course a tag must be obtained!

M
muskieguide
I highly recommend obtaining a law degree before trying to figure out regulations in both Oregon and the state to the north. If you hunt the NE portion up by Canada, there's tons of Whitetails up there.

E
eugene1
Not many whitetail deer in Oregon, research black tail or mule deer for more options.

Welcome to OFF.

R
Reel Technician
Whitetail are special hunts you have to put in for. Good luck. Also, only 1 tag per year, per species. And for each species, 1 hunting method (bow, rifle, muzzle loader) so you could hunt deer with a bow and elk with a rifle for example. And the regulations are different from bow to rifle and from species to species.And from unit to unit.Do your home work. Black tail and mule deer are a lot more abundant here in oregon. Not sure on Washington regs but I'm sure they are as confusing as oregon lol good luck out there!

T
the_intimidator03
There is an option for a special tag for additional deer in oregon this year for a total of 2. Also there are two units set up for white tail hunting which is down near Roseburg, Oregon.

7toor
Thanks for the clarification guys! The way it sounds out west I might just be using all my vacation on hunting here in PA. All I gotta do is buy my buck tag +4 or 5 doe tags and I'm good to hunt where I want...

Chromatose
Chromatose
7toor, Pennsylvania Hunting / PNW hunting ????? Apples & Oranges. I am not sure where in Pa your in, but I will differ in opinion on Hunting where you want here in Pa. PM sent.

Last edited: