Favorite spinners?

S
simijab
What's yours?

18406ej
18406ej
My favorites are any that I have left at the end of the day...I always heard that angling was an expensive pastime, something I didn't believe until I learned that the way to fish is low and slow.

S
simijab
Haha so true

S
Scott M
Panther Martin - black/red, gold and red blade....For some reason a killer for trout.

R
Rock10
^^^^ what he said, any lure with an inline spinner blade, so pretty much a panther martin.

S
simijab
Has anybody tried the new holographic panther martins. Any good for steelhead?

R
Rock10
Probably would be, i don't see why they wouldn't work.

troutdude
troutdude
My fav:

Custom made (by me) Jed Davis design: black body, black blade, black tape on back of blade, black tubing on hook shank. Best spinner EVER, for low-water/low-light/overcast conditions for fall NOOKS!

Troutski
Troutski
I agree with Troutdude, Home made designs are my favorite....

Chuck

R
rippin fish lips
Knd Custom Tackle, Sprocket Spinners caught my attention last year.

S
SmallStreams
rvrfshr's rvrwhirlers in sizes #2 & #3 for trout, particularly searun cutthroat. Silver, copper, brass... can't get up any enthusiasm for the black.

SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
1/8 oz Black with Yellow spotted Panther Martin with gold blade. Kills em

F
fishinmachine
Yes! 1/8 oz Black with Yellow spotted Panther Martin with gold blade.
Kodiak Custom G.I. and inline
Blue foxs

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
troutdude said:
My fav:

Custom made (by me) Jed Davis design: black body, black blade, black tape on back of blade, black tubing on hook shank. Best spinner EVER, for low-water/low-light/overcast conditions for fall NOOKS!

X2 for salmon..

and my favorite all time for clear wilderness streams/lakes is the tiny Mepps "00" in silver or gold, never go hiking without some of these.

Last edited:
T
Tinker
troutdude said:
My fav:

Do you use special tools for bending the wire?

R
rum runner
my fav trout spinners and.other stuff

my fav trout spinners and.other stuff

my fav trout spinners the 2 on the left are home made for ultra light small creek src we used to go after in washington bit found they work for steelhead also in low clear water where light stealthy hardwear is needed. but pantherpartins in #4 and #2 and spoons.in 1/4 oz and can't go wrong with a rooster tail. and the soft plastic jigs are a must for src! i have gone after bows and bull trout but my fav. will always be src them spots and colors are the best for good photos

Last edited by a moderator:
T
troutmasta
Blue fox copper or brass for steelies. Pink fo Ho's, any color for trout.

I like to twist up bell bodied spinners with oversized Colorado blades for slow shallow flats picks em right up OFF the bottom and the water barley has to move for lots of action.

Im fading back to spoons though.

R
rippin fish lips
Knd Custom Tackle Sprocket spinners. Any size, doesn't really matter what size for water clarity they all attract fish like no other, low clear water or high murky water. Don't matter. 3's - 5's.

R
rickman
Homemade spinners. I have very good luck with the spinners with the flies attached on trout (here in AZ).
Larger-Homemade-Spinners.png

Smaller-Homemade-Spinners.png

YJ2.png

Spinners2.png

Spinner3.png

T
troutmasta
looks like that black bodies inline with the copper blade has cuaght a fish!

I like the ones with the flies as well.

Some salmon spinners Ive tied.

Ive been having a lot of luck tying chrome spinners with a bead above the hook this year as well. Have Fun

Last edited by a moderator: