ODFW survey

F
fishkiller
The other day I recieved an email from ODFW. I'm not sure how a survey from a PR firm is going to put more fish in the river.

T
Thuggin4Life
I took the survey but I really wish I could tell those ****ers off.

F
fishkiller
Thuggin4Life said:
I took the survey but I really wish I could tell those ****ers off.

My thought exactly!! Here's my take, ODFW operates on a budget just like every state agency. I think due to the poor economy they might have suffered a budget shortfall and what is they fastest way out of the red? Raise the fees on the sportsman! They all know that us, the sportsman will suck it up and pay the increase due to the fact we love to fish. Poor management leads to poor runs. I just hope that the extra money we are paying isn't going to pay for their media blitz!!:mad:

B
beaverfan
Of course the price of licenses are going to go up, it's called inflation. A dollar today doesn't go as far as a dollar did five years ago. Here's a shocker the price of lures and bait has gone up over time as well but nobody complains about that.

S
Swamp Puppy
filled it out, though it felt more like just information gathering to help them sell more licenses to people who don't already buy them.

T
TTFishon
beaverfan said:
Of course the price of licenses are going to go up, it's called inflation. A dollar today doesn't go as far as a dollar did five years ago. Here's a shocker the price of lures and bait has gone up over time as well but nobody complains about that.

Actually, I've been complaining to myself about the price of lures for a while now but what do ya do. Pay the price and fish.

B
beaverfan
Exactly. The increasing cost of gear limits my fishing far more than a few extra bucks when I buy my license. Ya ODFW is confused but in order for us to ever have decent runs it's going to cost more money, so we all have to pay more to fish.

T
TTFishon
That's true. Pretty soon we'll have a bait and lure tax.

F
fishkiller
beaverfan said:
Exactly. The increasing cost of gear limits my fishing far more than a few extra bucks when I buy my license. Ya ODFW is confused but in order for us to ever have decent runs it's going to cost more money, so we all have to pay more to fish.

Where are the decent runs?

M
Mike123
I took it... sounds like they are desperate for money... aka licenses and tags.

I wrote that they need to improve their methods and the way they run things.

F
fishkiller
beaverfan said:

So in 10 years when you are paying over $200 a year to fish are you going to be singing the same tune?

T
Thuggin4Life
If it went up 25 cents when minimum wage goes up i wouldn't care so much but this is outrageous. $7 extra for my boat when its good until 2010 is over? invasive species? the better wash my boat for me when i pull out now with all the $7 dollars the are getting from everyone.

M
Mike123
Thuggin4Life said:
If it went up 25 cents when minimum wage goes up i wouldn't care so much but this is outrageous. $7 extra for my boat when its good until 2010 is over? invasive species? the better wash my boat for me when i pull out now with all the $7 dollars the are getting from everyone.

HAHA! :lol: I want to see those weasels in the their beige ODFW outfits washing boats! Put them to work if they need more work/money! :lol:

B
beaverfan
fishkiller said:
So in 10 years when you are paying over $200 a year to fish are you going to be singing the same tune?

Why the heck would we have to pay that much, it's not like the fee's increase every year, not even close. Hasn't it been like 7 years or something since the last increase? I pay 5 to 10 times that every year for gear anyways.

Last edited:
T
Thuggin4Life
So in 7 years minimum wage has gone up by like $3 an hour so they hiked the price up a bit too much.

B
beaverfan
Not if you look at the percentage jump. Minimum wage going up three dollars in 7 years was like a 40% increase. The fee increase is 15% if I remember right.

F
fishkiller
beaverfan said:
Why the heck would we have to pay that much, it's not like the fee's increase every year, not even close. Hasn't it been like 7 years or something since the last increase? I pay 5 to 10 times that every year for gear anyways.

You are delusional!! A $30 increase in one year is outrageous. There is a big difference in spending 5 to 10 times in gear a year on your own free will and being mandated to pay to support their BS agenda. Put that on your blog.:D

B
beaverfan
Do you guys honestly think that ODFW can plant more fish for the same amount of money? Granted there's things ODFW can do to run more cost effective but if we want more fish we have to pay for them. I think as a whole fishing is better now than it was 10 years ago. Do you guys think that could have happened without the last fee increase?

F
fishkiller
beaverfan said:
Not if you look at the percentage jump. Minimum wage going up three dollars in 7 years was like a 40% increase. The fee increase is 15% if I remember right.

15% is still more than the rate of inflation. FYI

F
fishkiller
beaverfan said:
Do you guys honestly think that ODFW can plant more fish for the same amount of money? Granted there's things ODFW can do to run more cost effective but if we want more fish we have to pay for them. I think as a whole fishing is better now than it was 10 years ago. Do you guys think that could have happened without the last fee increase?

Privatize ODFW.