Can anyone spare a shad for science?

B
bubs
I have a friend and fellow archaeologist located in Portland (affiliated with PSU) who is studying some historic food remains in the northwest, and she's finding some fish bones in the archaeological record that she can't identify. She wants a shad specimen to de-flesh and study its bones to see whether or not it might be one of the mystery fish she's finding. But, that's not easy to find.

Would anyone on here be willing to donate a shad (or preferably two) to my friend in the name of science? I know it's against the rules to sell game/fish like this, but we're willing to figure out a "trade" that will make it well worth your while!

EOBOY
EOBOY
I don't think there would be a problem, she is aware Shad are a recent invasion?

P
pinstriper
Can anyone spare me a springer ? For, you know, "science" ?

Reactions: iHuntiGather and bubs
B
bubs
Archaeologists study records from all time periods of human history, and most of us in the US consider anything 50 years or older as at least having potential significance under federal and other regulations. She's studying excavated collections from the turn of the century, late 1800s to early 1900s.

Now that that's cleared up, anyone have a fish they could trade?

EOBOY
EOBOY
bubs;n605535 said:
Archaeologists study records from all time periods of human history, and most of us in the US consider anything 50 years or older as at least having potential significance under federal and other regulations. She's studying excavated collections from the turn of the century, late 1800s to early 1900s.

Now that that's cleared up, anyone have a fish they could trade?

:lol:

Top Bottom