What is you opinion?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is you opinion?

What do think the best fishing hooks overall? Eagle Claw, Mustad, or other? my vote would be Gamakatsu.

I use Owner hooks.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberTodd View Post
      I use Owner hooks.
      Ditto Tony

Comment

Originally posted by TimberTodd
        I use Owner hooks.
        Owner....Super Needle Point! For big game fish.....

Comment

I bought a box of Eagle Claws for tying my own steelhead leaders. Around half were barbed, half barbless. Unimpressed.

Gamos or Owner is what I buy. I think I bought some Mustad barbless triples that I switched onto a couple of robo-herrings (Brad's, etc.)

Comment

I like Owners and Gamakatsu for river fishing. In the ocean I used to buy a lot of Mustad hooks. I switched to Eagle Claw because they have a similar design to a Gamakatsu hook I like. The price of the Eagle Claw over the Gamakatsu make it work for me. Hooks I use in the saltwater do not last as long and I change them out often. Brand new hooks can start to rust very soon in the salt.

Comment

The best are probably Trokar, but man are they expensive. I use Owner also, used to use Gami's but Owners seem a bit stickier. Never had a problem with either.

Comment

Depending how I'm fishing, I like Owner, Gamakatsu and Eagle Claw/Trokar. Owner makes a great mosquito hook as well as a nice side drifting hook, super sharp! I really like the Gamakatsu Glow Bug hooks for single egg yarn balls. Then, this last year, I found two (American Made ) Eagle Claw Lazer Sharp hooks (Wide Gap & Wacky Worm) that work great for bead fishing and plastic worms. Have yet to have a hook failure, it's always my knot that goes first.

Comment

Nothing better than a fresh pack of Gamakatsu, for me anyway. Surprising how that salt chuck and sand can dull a hook.

Comment

Owner

Comment

I usd to spend a lot of money on high end hooks that were super sharp right out of the package. Not anymore. Quality of hooks these days surpasses anything I could buy as a kid. Any old hook works for me now, as long as it has been touched up with a sharpener and the hookset is firm. Fish on baby!!!

Comment

Owner hooks are number 1

Comment

Owner...period.

Comment

Well it looks like Owner hooks are the winner. I'm not going to lie, I'm not that familiar with them. I will have to check them out.

Comment

Working...
                            X