Anyone know if the conical crab traps are legal in Oregon?

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
I don't see why not, it looks like a version of a basic crab ring, it is open at the top so no issues with escapement. cheers, roger

EOBOY
EOBOY
the only problem I see is the top ring is smaller than the bottom. Any crabs outside the top ring will be thrown OFF!

EOBOY
EOBOY
I do like the sack on the bottom though.

C
Crabbin503
EOBOY;n598077 said:
the only problem I see is the top ring is smaller than the bottom. Any crabs outside the top ring will be thrown OFF!

I don't see the prob when people drop crabs that are to small or female off the pier dock. It wouldn't be the first time a crab has fell off a regular ring trying to escape either.

EOBOY
EOBOY
Crabbin503;n598079 said:
I don't see the prob when people drop crabs that are to small or female off the pier dock. It wouldn't be the first time a crab has fell off a regular ring trying to escape either.

Sorry, wasn't trying to be neg., it was just an observation. Remember I'm the guy that uses wadded up line to catch crab...........LOL:thumb:

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
EOBOY;n598080 said:
Remember I'm the guy that uses wadded up line to catch crab...........LOL:thumb:

I like digging them up out of the sand, I'm at 7 keepers since the OFF campout...