14MM beads?

G
GDBrown
I've been looking for some larger beads to use in fishing for steelhead. something in the 12-14MM size. I don't see any in the stores and I haven't seen any online yet. Any suggestions?

GD

troutdude
troutdude
Maybe your local craft store? Or, tell me the color and I'll see if they have some where my sister works. It's a bead/jewelry shop in Corvallis.

brandon4455
brandon4455
gene,google trout beads and you should find the trout bead website. EDIT: randy beat me to it :lol:

L
Lamzy
I purshase all type of beads at Jo-Anns fabrics. There are two stores in Hillsboro
KiltedBob

G
GDBrown
Thanks, I think I found a source. They sure want an arm and a leg for a few beads on some of those sites!

F
fish_4_all
I like trout beads for spinner making. I only have 8mm and 10mm but they work great and have caught quite a few fish on them. Hard to find a good colored clear bead.

H
halibuthitman
6 and 8, sometimes 10mm but I have never had good luck with a bead bigger than 10, your gonna hang up all day with a 14-

M
metalfisher76
I know a guy that uses `em and we missed fish after fish with em. Not sure if it was his lil hang back/down method with the hook 2" away from the bead or the HUGENESS of the bead. Not really caring to find out.... I have some 12`s for big/colored water, never have thrown `em. I go yarnie if I need somethin that big.