UV curing light recommendations

P
playhooky
Looking to buy a curing light for head cement, etc. I've seen a few choices but would like some feedback from other tyers. I want a versatile light that will accommodate most any cement or "Goo" application whether thin, medium or heavy. I'm looking at the Loon Mega 3.8 watt / 220 lumen. Is that over the top or something I should be considering? I'm not interested in a "dime store" torch that will only cause frustration.

Chromatose
Chromatose
I have been using the Loon Pen light now for a bit...................No complaints.............Works good with High build Epoxy for Rod Building as well.

S
Stonefish
I use a light from a gentleman that makes his own UV cure.
His light has cured a number of different cures for me.
The name of the cure is Silvercreek's Krystal UV cure. I like the cure be sued it cures tack free.
SF

P
playhooky
Is it no longer possible to PM other members? I've not been able to since the relaunch. Things seem very foreign these days. Perhaps there are settings I'm not aware of.

P
playhooky
Stone & Chrome.....thanks for your replies. I can't seem to PM these days so must respond here. Just for your own info I purchased an inexpensive UV light from Sportsmans Warehouse that works perfect with Loon UV cures so assume it will work with other brands. SF, I'm interested in the Silver Creek products if I can manage to get ahold a website. Thanks for your input guys.

Last edited:
Top Bottom