Fishing The West w/Larry Schoenborn

K
killigan
Watched Fishing the West with Larry Schoenborn a few times as a kid, and happened upon a number of episodes on YouTube recently. What a true treasure! Just finished one where he's on the Alsea going after winter steelhead. Made me wonder who will post to the forum the first pictures of winter steel in the next few weeks?

O
OnTheDrop
Caught a small winter on Sunday morning...

Also, that show is rad! When I was a kid I went to the library and rented all of them....Queing up Youtube...Now

T
TimberTodd
Watched it while it was on tv, boy does that make me feel old. I never fished jigs for steelhead until I saw the episode with Buzz Ramsey. I still have some of the jigs I bought at Larrys Outdoor store.

hobster
hobster
OnTheDrop;n600372 said:

Guides don't count :bleh:

Thanks for posting that Brandon, I have never seen that show before. I just watched the Alsea episode also, was fun to see. The best part was the cheesy Magnum PI type music at the beginning, ahhhhhh the eighties, I kinda miss em.

troutdude
troutdude
Believe that I watched his shows, starting in the 70's. Man that's a blast from the past!

C
ChezJfrey
OnTheDrop;n600372 said:

Also, that show is rad! When I was a kid I went to the library and rented all of them....Queing up Youtube...Now

That show was cool.

So far this season, my one trip hunting steelhead, all I caught was a wild silver on the Clack. That's the earliest I've ever hooked one of those...typically get at least one of those wild ones a year, but in December.

IMAG0178_zpsw50pmvi4.jpg

O
OnTheDrop
Still is cool Chez.......^^

Nice Salmon, btw, I bet you were so excited it wasn't a steelhead! ;)