Docking instruction @ Hagg Lake

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
I have a Hewescraft which I can borrow but can't get the hang of docking it. MrGrumpFish was kind of enough to meet me at Hagg lake and give me some pointers on how to dock the darn thing. I must say it was a great confidence booster.

While we were there we decided to take in a little trolling for Trout before the zoo started, 1st jet ski on the water before 9am. 9 fish landed in the 8"-12" range with a 16" that spit the hook at the boat.

The real docking test was when we were leaving, the wind had picked up and there was a lot more company! I didn't hit anything but did deploy the reverse throttle move (Thanks Chris). Waited for what seemed like a long time in the queue to load the trailer, apparently 3 wide at ramp A isn't a usual occurrence, not quite like Warrenton during buoy 10.

Thanks for the help Chris and not laughing. I feel confident to have a few more people on board.
Chris @ Hagg.jpgMe @ Hagg.jpgMe @ Hagg w: Fish.jpgSerious "long arm" action!

T
TimberTodd
You do have long arms:D. Way to put the hurt on some trout before the circus arrived.

EOBOY
EOBOY
Hummmm, maybe I should'a had him dock the Silver Wolf that day..........LOL OH! wait he wasn't there.

Chromatose
Chromatose
On the job docking training??????????....................................:yikes:

bass
bass
Great that you gained that confidence!

MrGrumpFish
MrGrumpFish
We had a blast fishing and Hans, you didn't need much coaching! There are guys that get it and guys that don't. Hans is one of those.............

He gets it! :D

Thanks for the opportunity to pilot a nice boat Hans. Now I am nagging my wife even more to get the new boat. Waiting until fall though for some better deals.

Cheers,

Chris

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
Chromatose said:
On the job docking training??????????....................................:yikes:

Yes it was!

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
It was a blast! Extended my "lease" on the boat.

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
EOBOY said:
Hummmm, maybe I should'a had him dock the Silver Wolf that day..........LOL OH! wait he wasn't there.

I was at Fishermans and that story came up (manager knew who he was), response was "It's just a drift boat!". :)

D
DirectDrive
Hooked Up said:
That is what I'm striving for! :D
But you can be famous if you can learn the "Forrest Gump Method" as outlined above in post #7 ^^^

:)

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
DirectDrive said:
But you can be famous if you can learn the "Forrest Gump Method" as outlined above in post #7 ^^^
:)

I think I'll leave that to you! :)

D
DirectDrive
Hooked Up said:
I think I'll leave that to you! :)
The fame, the movie contracts.
Are you sure ?

P
pinstriper
Hooked Up said:
I was at Fishermans and that story came up (manager knew who he was), response was "It's just a drift boat!". :)

I've been telling your story all over town like I was there !!

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
DirectDrive said:
The fame, the movie contracts.
Are you sure ?

Absolutely, all yours!

Top Bottom