One sheet plywood boat!

W
waco
Very impressive! Looks easy but I bet it's not!!

R
rippin fish lips
hawgslayer said:
Yeah it's a blast. Got pretty sketchy once when I got sucked into a big hole at the head of a set, but it just spun me around real quick. Didn't even get wet. I've got GoPro footage of it !!

Love the mini drifter. Any way you could share that GoPro footage?!

H
hawgslayer
Yeah I'm working on putting together all of my steelhead footage into a montage video. Once I get it up I'll throw the link on here !!!

H
hawgcaller
LOL. Definitely pay the extra 15 bucks. Hawgslayers boat looks legit. And clearly is more versatile means how he has it in a creek. No way in hell you would catch me in a creek with the one sheet. lol.

S
SmallStreams
You really need to post the video! I'm liking your plywood boat and, like Jeanna, can see where it would work well.

How much does it weigh?

H
hawgslayer
SmallStreams said:
You really need to post the video! I'm liking your plywood boat and, like Jeanna, can see where it would work well.

How much does it weigh?

I'm working on it. Once I have it posted I'll link it here. I'm guess the boat weight around 80#, but it's just awkward. I can load it by myself in the truck bed no problem, but if it's a little ways to the creek I have my buddy who has a tooner help me get it there.

H
hawgslayer
I don't have the "get sucked into a rapid and almost flip" video up, but I do have this one for proof that the 1.5 sheet works in currents. http://youtu.be/OpocGOrQ_JE

T
Throbbit _Shane
That's a bad ass boat you built!