Panther Martin lures

U
Utahutes
Went and bought some panthèr Martin lures. I'm New to fishing with lures but really like the look of these lures. I bought the black and yellow and yellow and red 1/16 1/8 1/4. Wondering what other colors and sizes for trout .fish mostly streams rivers.

U
Ultramepps
Get small ones in gold and silver. Very effective. I always carry frog pattern in size 1. Always catch trout.

Z
Zoso
Golds spinner with light colored tails have been working great for me this year. Maybe check out some small jerkbaits too...

F
Fishpdx
the gold blade ones size #1 are my favorite trout spinners , also works great on smallmouth bass and crappie.

SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
Black and Yellow with gold blade will work West OR East of the Cascades on Cutthroats, Rainbows, and Brookies. Wild or stocked fish. Even hooked a summer Steelhead on one once....don't ask how that ended

Z
Zoso
While we are on the subject of lures and spinner what size do you guys like to use? I like 1/4th and 1/8th

TheKnigit
TheKnigit
It depends on the body of water that I am fishing. Most of what I seem to toss are in the 1/8th range.

B
BaldTexan
The 1/8 in yellow has been pretty good to me for cutties and gold/silver for rainbows. The gold blade/black body 1/4 and 1/8 was pretty effective last season on summer steelhead early in the morning before the sunlight hit the water.

plumbertom
plumbertom
I like Panther-Martin spinners. Been using them for years.
You might also try Thomas Buoyant spoons.
I've found them particularly effective for trout here.

troutdude
troutdude
plumbertom;n604098 said:
you might also try thomas buoyant spoons.

x 2!

hobster
hobster
plumbertom;n604098 said:
You might also try Thomas Buoyant spoons.

x3

I've had the most success with those while fishing for trout when I toss hardware. 90% of the time I fly fish for trout

Bo Peep
Bo Peep
I like the 1/4 oz black and yellow with the red fuzz on the tail. The reason for the larger lure choice is the bigger hook fish don't tend to swallow them and I can easily release them unharmed.