Diamond Lake

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diamond Lake

Anyone know how thick the ice is? Kids want to ice fishing this weekend.

I called the resort and they don't measure.

thanks!

Nope, sorry, but good to see you on the forum!

Comment

Thanks. I need to check in more often.

Comment

Yes you do buddy. Been too long. Hope all is well, down south.

Wonder if the local Forest Service office, would know--or could point you, in the right direction? Just a thought...

Comment

I checked ODFW's recreation report on the website and it is about as helpful as a 1 armed jump roper. It did have this little bit of information containing a couple of contact numbers you might be able to use.

Anglers that are planning on taking a trip to Diamond Lake should check with the Umpqua National Forest (541-498-2531) for information on seasonal camp and ramp closures. Anglers can check fishing and water conditions at Diamond Lake on the Diamond Lake Resort website, or call their toll free number at 1-800-733-7593, ext. 5 for updates. Diamond Lake is open year-round and ice fishing can be a fun pastime during this season.

I know you said that you tried the lodge already, but maybe the forest number will provide some more information.

Comment

March 19th

Comment

Thanks all. I appreciate the help.

Comment

Lemolo is starting to thaw and should be ice off soon, I am going in a few weeks to fish either Diamond or Lemolo. If the boat ramps are open at Lemolo I will be fishing there. Not sure Diamond has even started to thaw yet. To late in the season for me to even think about ice fishing.

Comment

Saw that a brownie, was caught at Lemolo's dam a few days ago.

Comment

Yeah I saw that as well I need some snow out of the way and the water level to come up a bit to get the boat in so I can catch a few of them tasty critters.

Comment

From The Guide's Forecast Newsletter, due out late tonight: "The ice is still stable. No, itís deteriorating and canít be trusted. Itíll still support the weight of an angler. Itís no longer safe to try it with rain and thawing. These are the reports weíre getting from Diamond Lake regarding whether or not itís still possible to ice fish; conflicting, to say the least. Hey, we love fishing as much as anybody but címon; no fish, certainly not a hatchery trout, is worth risking your life. We advise caution and common sense. Donít try it. Thanks."

Comment

Did Fish Lemolo Yesterday from the bank we kept 13 released 5-6 and lost another half dozen or so. We though Cast masters and fished worms down by the dam. It will be a awhile before you will be able to launch a boat there is a lot of snow there. We caught a bit of everything Browns, Bows, and Kokes great day and nice weather.

Comment

If you were to happen to be fishing diamond lake from a float tube on lets say May 28th what part of the lake would you fish? many thanks

Comment

Ball Game, I would fish the South end out from the pizza parlor in 14'-16' of water around the weed beds. Just be aware not to be fishing directly above the weeds fish around them you can see them.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckcross View Post
                              Did Fish Lemolo Yesterday from the bank we kept 13 released 5-6 and lost another half dozen or so. We though Cast masters and fished worms down by the dam. It will be a awhile before you will be able to launch a boat there is a lot of snow there. We caught a bit of everything Browns, Bows, and Kokes great day and nice weather.

Comment

Duckcross, from your posts you sound like you are in that area or are you up there camping and is the lodge back running after the fire?

Comment

Cabinetguy, the lodge is up and running they have cabins and hotels they do have a small store they do not have a restaurant right now.

Comment

The lodge at Diamond Lake is open all year 'round with parties, snow tube and snowmobile rentals. Reports on ice fishing are rare, undoubtedly due to the liability of being the source by which an angler judges the safety of a lake's frozen surface.

At the latest report (this week), ice is melting rapidly and it's the opinion of TGF that it's done for this year.

Comment

Originally posted by cabinetguy View Post
                                      Duckcross, from your posts you sound like you are in that area or are you up there camping and is the lodge back running after the fire?

Comment

Drove past Diamond Lake yesterday and the water is free of ice and the boat ramps are open. One half of one of the NFS campgrounds is open, the rest are closed due to snow and downed trees. The resort's campground and cabins are open. Talked to a few of the rangers and they think that by mid- or late-June everything should be open. The north entrance to Crater Lake isn't open yet, either, but it would be early for that to be open.

However the big snow melt mosquitoes are out and plentiful, maybe another month until they thin out.

Comment

Working...
                                        X