Trout 2017 show OFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
EOBOY
EOBOY
KCox;n603466 said:
The fishing is starting to heat up on the Deschutes near bend, the last couple days I have gotten out have productive for small rainbows. Caught this brown on the fly last night, definitely my best fish of the year so far. Needless to say I was really excited when it lazily grabbed a stonefly pattern in soft water next to some class v rapids then took off down river.

KCox I woke up this morning with Maupin on my mind, went there last year about this time with Bigsteel and and another OFFER. Thanks for the report.

Last edited:
Reactions: KCox
Southpaw
Southpaw
No Title

Thought it was a steelhead the way it hammered and swam for the next county. Ran halfway into my backing on a 4 wt fly rod. Truly love fishing with a 4 wt, this guy definitely tested the limits of gear and knots but I do trust in my gear and abilities, crazy fun catch. Came in at 19.5 inches. Who says the McKenzie only has small to medium size trout?

• photo31452.jpg
  • photo31453.png
Reactions: Admin, troutdude and TheKnigit
hobster
hobster
Southpaw;n605108 said:
Thought it was a steelhead the way it hammered and swam for the next county. Ran halfway into my backing on a 4 wt fly rod. Truly love fishing with a 4 wt, this guy definitely tested the limits of gear and knots but I do trust in my gear and abilities, crazy fun catch. Came in at 19.5 inches. Who says the McKenzie only has small to medium size trout?

Beautiful redside! Small to medium stockers maybe, there are some wild fatties in there as well, just harder to find. Nice job man, i'll BET that was crazy fun. Dry or nymph?

Southpaw
Southpaw
On the nymph, mega Prince, around a size 14 I believe. It was raining at the time and didn't see any hatch activity even tho I tried earlier, also because it was high water. Although he did take the top fly in my rig so he did come within 1-2 feet from the surface between a seam and pool right before the tailout picked up

Reactions: EOBOY
C_Run
C_Run
No Title

I took my annual kayak trip to tidewater to fish for searuns. I found a bunch, maybe a dozen or so legals in a couple of hours. I was casting small spinners and a home made spoon made from a piece of copper pipe. They loved it. The biggest was 15 1/2".

Reactions: indyflyer, Admin and troutdude
B
BoxerScoutsDad
Landed this beast on an tan elk hair caddis. Didn't even know I caught it until I saw it flying through the air on my back cast.

Reactions: Admin and troutdude
troutdude
troutdude
Hilarious first post! Welcome aboard; and thanks for the chuckle!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Reactions: BoxerScoutsDad
N
Norhex
Caught this one today on my tenkara rod in a small stream near Astoria. Second one is the same spot from another day

Reactions: troutdude, Admin and Raincatcher
troutdude
troutdude
Norhex;n608178 said:
Caught this one today on my tenkara rod in a small stream near Astoria. Second one is the same spot from another day

Welcome to OFF. Keep the reports coming!

hobster
hobster
Wow, beautiful scenery and fish! That tailout looks like a winner! Always wanted to fish down there

Status
Not open for further replies.