2017 trout stocking schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z
Zoso
Hello I am new to trout fishing in oregon( originally for California). I was wondering two thing, when does the 2017 trout stocking schedule come out. Also with fishing license in Oregon do they start from the time of purchase or from a certain date in the year? Thanks for the help and I look forward to posting some pictures of some beautiful fish!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Welcome aboard! The new year stocking schedule will come out in late January, as a rule. As far as the license goes, it doesn't make any difference what time of the year you buy it, it expires Dec. 31.

Z
Zoso
So is there any stocking in January at all? Or not I'll the end of that month? Thanks for the info on the license, I could not find the dates anywhere. That's a good thing for me that the new license season starts in a week and a half!

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Zoso;n600664 said:
So is there any stocking in January at all? Or not I'll the end of that month? Thanks for the info on the license, I could not find the dates anywhere. That's a good thing for me that the new license season starts in a week and a half!

very little change in the stocking schedule and sizes/quantities from year to year, so until the actual 2017 info is released, safe to consider the previous years to be very close to what will occur next year. cheers, roger

Z
Zoso
Sounds good, thanks for all the help and hospitality! I was thinking about going out to Henry hagg lake, but would like to fish for trout on the sandy in spring

D
DrTheopolis
The Sandy is catch-and-release only, and isn't stocked with trout, and there's very few resident trout. One can catch plenty of steelhead and salmon smolts in spring, which is discouraged. But there's adult salmon and steelhead to be caught.

What area are you in? Hagg is possibly your best option for catching stockers in winter.

Z
Zoso
Great info drT, I live near downtown Portland. I'm looking to have some fun fishing, catch and release is fine, but I am also trying to put a little food on my table when the right fish comes along. I hear the willamette is too dirty to eat from? I would prefer to fish wild fish over farm raised too.

D
DrTheopolis
Hagg sounds like it has your name on it.

PK Yi
PK Yi
seems they updated the stocking page, it says 2017, but the PDF shows 2016 still?

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
sammy;n601373 said:
seems they updated the stocking page, it says 2017, but the PDF shows 2016 still?

probably the website got updated and went live before the new PDF was linked, I would expect the 2017 info to show up soon...

troutdude
troutdude
rogerdodger;n601374 said:
probably the website got updated and went live before the new PDF was linked, I would expect the 2017 info to show up soon...

That's what I was thinking too.

Welcome aboard Zoso. You really won't find any new stocking taking place--anywhere close to you--until February, as a general rule.

Good luck, and send us some reports and pics!

B
bd2cool
2017 Trout Stocking Schedules for South Willamette Watershed is now online!

Reactions: Admin
troutdude
troutdude
Thank you. Good eye! Also the North Willy District & and North Coast Zone, are also done!

ODFW stocking schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.