Is Hagg open this time of year?

PK Yi
PK Yi
Planning to hit hag for some trout fishing and wasn't sure if they are open.

T
TimberTodd
It is open year round now Sammy. Good luck!

B
Berg03
Open year round, also they are stocking it with 4000 +1lbers next Tuesday for the Thanksgiving free weekend fishing. Might get crowded but should produce some nice fish next week.

PK Yi
PK Yi
Sweet, thank you.

troutdude
troutdude
Until this year; Hagg opened on the first Saturday of March. Then closed the weekend, prior to Thanksgiving. But now, it is open year round. I've never fished it, in the Fall. But am hoping to get out there, later this week. Good luck Sammy. Hope you'll file a report, when you return.

M
montym
Same time last year we had a few cold days. I was out at Hagg once during that period, mornings were beautiful. Frost on the ground, ice on the rod tips. It was a nightmare when the sun came out, unbelievably muddy. Don't forget your boots if you do go there. I was not planning on going but 4000 pounders is good bait, mud or not. I'm thinking Thursday morning. sammy, starting earlier is the best at Hagg if you are not bringing a boat, and I'd probably start at ramp A if I go.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

troutdude
troutdude
Berg03;n600262 said:
Open year round, also they are stocking it with 4000 +1lbers next Tuesday for the Thanksgiving free weekend fishing.

Umm...where did you find that? Cuz the stocking schedule only indicates, 4,000 Legals (only 8 to 10 inches). The schedule makes no reference, to any "pounders" at all (which are 14 inches).

And here is a quote from the Recreation Report, last updated on Nov. 15th:

"Stocked on Nov. 14 with 8,000 legal-sized rainbow trout. This release included 4,000 fish previously scheduled for release in December. The December release has now been cancelled."

So it apparently got stocked, last Monday, with 8,000 fish that are all only 8 - 10 inchers. But it won't be stocked, at all, this week.

On a good note: that'll make for some healthy hold-overs, in the Spring!

Last edited:
B
Berg03
The lake stop store has a flier saying that they are putting those in. I didn't find it on any website either.

B
Berg03
Also found it on Facebook just now. On the "Hagg Lake" page they posted it on November 18th

troutdude
troutdude
OK. Thank you.

B
bubs
No offense intended but I am skeptical that they are planting 4,000 14" fish....

troutdude
troutdude
Berg03;n600279 said:
Also found it on Facebook just now. On the "Hagg Lake" page they posted it on November 18th

I facebooked 'em, this morning. They were in error; as that information was changed by ODFW.

troutdude
troutdude
bubs;n600285 said:
No offense intended but I am skeptical that they are planting 4,000 14" fish....

You are correct. ODFW / Hatchery planted 8,000 fish, last week, that were the plantings scheduled for November AND for December. They were ALL 8 - 10 inch "legal". They did not plant, any fish in the 14 inch "pounder" category. And there will not be, any planting in December (now that they've already been dumped in, this month).

troutdude
troutdude
Has anyone been to Hagg, in the last day or two? If so, how was the fishing?

Fishnbuck
Fishnbuck
troutdude;n600306 said:
Has anyone been to Hagg, in the last day or two? If so, how was the fishing?

The boy and I went yesterday and did well, posted results in the HHL Reports section

troutdude
troutdude
Just saw your report. Thank you; and glad that you and the kid had fun.

G
goodie619
No Title

where are you fishing? me and a friend in just a few hours (12/29)... temp was 33*

• photo30967.jpg