Un-clipped trout @ Hagg

Fishnbuck
Fishnbuck
The boy and I finally made the trek to Hagg this past weekend. Had a nice day, he whooped me 10 fish to 3 :) throwing orange rooster tails (1/16 and 1/8 oz). I was using various bait, but mostly night-crawlers.

Called OSP to report unsportsmanlike conduct by a pair of @#$%^^%$#@ with egregious over the limit creel. Unfortunately the Trooper "had bigger fish to fry" (yes I am quoting him directly!) chasing elk poachers that night, so he wasn't able to follow up immediately. I found it very courteous and professional that he took the time to call and thank me for reporting the incident, and encouraging me to continue doing so should I see any future infractions.

I found it odd that all of the bows we caught had intact adipose fins. Is there a strong population of brood-stock, or do they not clip the ones planted in lakes?

Reactions: Troutski
T
TimberTodd
Thank you for stepping up reporting the guys.

Reactions: Troutski
troutdude
troutdude
TimberTodd;n599486 said:
Thank you for stepping up reporting the guys.

X2. You could call the guys at the Lake Stop Store; about your fin clip questions.

B
Berg03
Hagg Lake has a healthy population of wild rainbows. Some get good size as well. I never keep any bows, so i don't know if that changes the regulation at all. I am pretty sure it is 5 rainbow trout. Meaning it does not matter which you keep.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
looks like Hagg has normal trout rules for Willamette Zone which means 5 trout in lakes, only 1 per day can be over 20", and no rules regarding fin clip status for trout. Because fin clipping costs money, I would expect that most of the trout planted are not clipped...not that it might not get some clipped fish planted for various reasons now and then (overflow from another area..).