Possible retirement in Oregon

J
~JM~
How about property tax?

F
fish face
When it comes down to it I will never leave Oregon. Like Roger said, Oregon has the best fishing.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
fish face;n598008 said:
When it comes down to it I will never leave Oregon. Like Roger said, Oregon has the best fishing.

those rankings help keep Oregon from getting overpopulated. LOL. they usually assume people are going have large taxable incomes during retirement because they are living in an expensive area and spending money like drunken sailors....

D
Dustin0718
La Pine, oregon. 30 minutes south of bend small quiet and located within an hour of several dozen small to medium lakes and rivers great for fly fishing. Gold lake, Hosmer lake (Atlantic salmon, anyone?) east and Paulina lakes with HUGE brown trout. Many many more on top of that. Grandparents just retired there last year.

S
stanster
The Eugene/ Springfield are would be great for a fly fisherman, due to the nearby rivers. I live in Florence which is only about 60 miles away. Florence is a friendly small town, with a hospital and large medical clinic. My wife and I love it here and I'm 68, so really pushing 70. Do yourself a favor and check Florence out. The climate is about perfect too!!!