Timothy Lake 7/24

S
Snagglehook
Trolled around Timothy Lake last Sunday in my kayak. It was a beautiful day for paddling, which was good, because after 3 hours or so with plenty of fish popping up on the Hummingbird, I wasn't getting a single bite.

Then I hit what felt like yet another snag. Followed by a shake. And a quick run. Right when I eased in the drag, the whole thing goes slack. "Did I lose it?" I wondered, "Didn't feel a snap or a shake. Is it running at me?" Quickly reeled in the slack, and sure enough, the fish was still on and headed for my boat. Once I got sight of it, I was really glad I brought my net.

800 Lap1.jpg

800 Lap2.jpg

800 cleaned.jpg

Measured in at 19". I checked the stocking schedule, and the last time they stocked it with trophy sized trout was June 3rd, so this guy has been fattened on natural feed for at least 7 weeks...

800 Dat Fillet.jpg

...with great results. Looked like crayfish was his primary target; his belly was crammed full of them. Probably no coincidence that I caught him while trolling past a circle of trap floats.

I think next time I go back, I'm going to try trolling with a crayfish lure and see how that works.

Reactions: bubs, Billamicasr and Admin
B
billfisher
Nice FEEESH. :thumb:

hobster
hobster
That's a beauty!

troutdude
troutdude
Excellent fish; and great looking meat!

F
Flyfisher21
With meat that pink he has been there at least 6 months.

B
Billamicasr
Fish is great photos are excellent!

Properties on one of the photos say you are using a Samsung SMG-900T (Galaxy cellular phone) also says the camera is 16 megapixels. Is that correct?

S
Snagglehook
Billamicasr;n597512 said:
Fish is great photos are excellent!

Properties on one of the photos say you are using a Samsung SMG-900T (Galaxy cellular phone) also says the camera is 16 megapixels. Is that correct?

Yep, Galaxy 5, and thankfully waterproof; it gets an unintentional dunking every other trip.

O
Orange_Caddis
Great looking fish. Keep us posted on how trolling a crayfish lure works.