High lakes triploid bows & brookies

troutdude
troutdude
For anyone who is able, and willing, to hike in to lakes and fish:

High Lakes stocking

ODFW takes very small fish to Oregon’s high lakes by helicopter, mule and river boats. Take a look at where these fish were released in the past and where you might even encounter some of them on your next backpacking trek. It typically takes only a year after stocking for fish to reach catchable size.

North Willamette High Lakes Stocking |Mid-Willamette High Lakes Stocking |South Willamette High Lakes Stocking

Reactions: Troutski
Troutski
Troutski
I may not be able but still wonderful to see my lic fees doing this... Thanks for the link...

Chuck

Reactions: troutdude
L
Lancep51
Well I am planning to fish al much of the northern high lakes. PM if you are interested in meeting up and hiking in to any of these lakes.

troutdude
troutdude
Thank you. However; I'm not able to do that anymore. I just posted that, so others would have the information. Good luck, and let us know how you do.

L
Lancep51
troutdude;n600938 said:
Thank you. However; I'm not able to do that anymore. I just posted that, so others would have the information. Good luck, and let us know how you do.

Well thank you for the info and that stuff is very interesting to me. I am glad that they still stock the high lakes. I keep hearing reports that last summer really warmed up those lakes that tons of fished died. So it seems that the state needs to stock them after some decent die offs from last summer.

troutdude
troutdude
It wouldn't hurt to contact ODFW, and see what they plan to do--for high lakes this year.