Lava Lake scrappers!

troutdude
troutdude
Lava Lake Trout June 2016.jpg

Some nice fat Lava Lake rainbow trout, from last Saturday. It had snowed there, the day before. Kinda surprised that, they weren't frozen solid (like we were, in the morning...lol).

Lemon / Lime, or Chartruese, Berley Power Eggs, along with a single Berkley Power Wigglers--dangling off the hook--was the ticket. Floated OFF of the bottom, about 100' from the bank, in 8 - 15' of water.

Above are a 15, two 16's, a 17, and another was 18 inches. Great little fighters too. Had one miss, while trolling a dodger and worm. Had another 2 come unbottoned; and 2 others snap our 6 pound mono test lines!

P.S. If any of you heard about a fisherman, who took the brunt of a hard fall--at Suttle Lake Saturday eve--that was me. Thankfully, the good Lord was watching over me. Nothing is broken, no concussion, or anything worse (a little different angle, and it wouldn't have been good).

I OFFicially posted the grateful thanks--to my friends--on Facebook. And I'd like to thank them again, publically here, as well. I'm also thankful, for the Camp Host (Gary); a retired Firefighter and EMT. Plus the many other EMT's that, came to my aide that night!

"Dale Farris, Jerry Clark, Sterling Clark, Shawn Clark, and Nehemiah Clark...thank you, for coming so quickly to my aid at camp last night. Witnessing your Emergency Training--first hand--was a site to behold! You are all awesome; and I thank God that I have the distinct privelege, to call you friends. Nay; brothers. Thank you for your genuine concern, and the care that you provided. Even allowing me to be on light duty--and even chair duty--while breaking camp today. Will share pics, as soon I'm able.

So unti the next outing, of our Band of Brothers:

Vaya Con Dios Mi Amigos

P.S. My hip must have connected with, something on the trailer that was triangular. I do indeed have a deep bruise, about 3" along each axis. And I discovered a slight indention, into the top of my skull. It's about 4" x 3". So will go visit my doc, today, as promised."

(Which I did do).

Last edited:
hobster
hobster
Wow, sounds kinda serious, glad you are ok. Nice fish also!

M
montym
Scary, glad to know that you got away without major harm.

Troutski
Troutski
Pretty lake...

Pretty lake...

Love that lake, the fish are spread out to every corner...
Glad to hear you are alright, falls at any age can be debilitating...
Tight lines...

Chuck

T
TimberTodd
Hope everything checks out fine with the doc TD.

troutdude
troutdude
Thank you everyone. Feels like I got hit, by a train. But I'm on the mend, with no serious injuries. And the fishing was fun!

S
sunsalem
troutdude said:
And I discovered a slight indention, into the top of my skull. It's about 4" x 3".
I am a walking mass of scar tissue, mended bones, bangs, bumps, and dents.
I don't worry about injuries anymore...I think I might be immortal.:angel:

So will go visit my doc, today, as promised."[/I]

(Which I did do).
Good to hear you're OK.:thumb:

troutdude
troutdude
Ha ha! But, "There can be...only one." (Highlander) Hope you carry a sword; of samurai caliber. :flex:

P.S. A twist in the wrong direction, and I would've been in a real pickle. There was a motor prop, less than 3', from where my head came down. And I'd probably be paralyzed, if I hadn't bounced OFF of the trailer tongue first. Divine intervention--with no doubt, in my mind.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
I hope you have had time to visit your doctor, Jay. That knock on your noggin sounds serious. Good to hear you had good help and good friends around you.

troutdude
troutdude
Thanks Barb. I visited my doc, yesterday morning. X-ray shows, no broken hips or pelvis. And my head is just sore; only slightly bruised. I was blessed that, it wasn't worse.

R
Rifflemap
That's a great catch you've got there. I hate falling when I'm fishing - it's brutal. Glad you're okay.

hobster
hobster
troutdude said:
Ha ha! But, "There can be...only one." (Highlander) Hope you carry a sword; of samurai caliber. :flex:

P.S. A twist in the wrong direction, and I would've been in a real pickle. There was a motor prop, less than 3', from where my head came down. And I'd probably be paralyzed, if I hadn't bounced OFF of the trailer tongue first. Divine intervention--with no doubt, in my mind.

Highlander is in my top 5 movies ever :thumb: I can recite many a line from that flick. " Hello pretty............."

S
sunsalem
hobster said:
Highlander is in my top 5 movies ever :thumb: I can recite many a line from that flick. " Hello pretty............."

Connor MacLeod: "I don't like boats, I don't like water. I'm a man, not a fish."

Ramirez: "So you complain endlessly."

Connor MacLeod: "I am Connor MacLeod of the Clan MacLeod. I was born in 1518 in the village of Glenfinnan on the shores of Loch Shiel. And I am immortal."

hobster
hobster
"Aye blossom, the way ya like it"

Let's not forget Queen did the soundtrack, some great music as well

Hijack over

troutdude
troutdude
No worrries. I actually started this hijack, and on my own thread. LOL

C_Run
C_Run
Hey , I was just checking on an unfamiliar water body I am going to fish and did the Google search OFF&***, you know, and saw a six year old thread with some tips by troutdude, 10,555 posts. Those are ifish numbers!! Someone ought to send him a fruit basket! Glad you are ok , troutdude.

troutdude
troutdude
Ha ha ha. Thanks buddy.